Carpal Tunnel Syndrome

xcoldricex

How many of you have symptoms of CTS? "Symptoms usually start gradually, with frequent burning, tingling, or itching numbness in the palm of the hand and the fingers, especially the thumb and the index and middle fingers. Some carpal tunnel sufferers say their fingers feel useless and swollen, even though little or no swelling is apparent. The symptoms often first appear in one or both hands during the night, since many people sleep with flexed wrists. A person with carpal tunnel syndrome may wake up feeling the need to "shake out" the hand or wrist. As symptoms worsen, people might feel tingling during the day. Decreased grip strength may make it difficult to form a fist, grasp small objects, or perform other manual tasks. In chronic and/or untreated cases, the muscles at the base of the thumb may waste away. Some people are unable to tell between hot and cold by touch."

my left thenar eminence (the bump in your palm formed underneath your thumb) hurts like a motherfucker. superfuture bad for your health?

i started to get some symptoms before, when i had a computer setup at work where things were asymmetric and one of my elbows were in a slightly awkward position as i worked. all i had to do was to fix my setup and the symptoms disappeared withing few days, fortunately.

is your current setup pretty comfortable for you?

Guest Fade to Black

i don't know if this can cure carpal tunnel, but i always imagine that if one's wrist is going through some injury like that, massaging it can help. This probably isn't true at all, but someone who is goin through CTS please try it and report back with results.

when i first got tourist trophey for ps2 I played that shit night and day. I mashed the x button for such a long time that it kinda broke and really hurt my hand. tourist trophey is the shit for any motorcycle fans

i don't know if this can cure carpal tunnel, but i always imagine that if one's wrist is going through some injury like that, massaging it can help. This probably isn't true at all, but someone who is goin through CTS please try it and report back with results.

no, it's caused by a compressed nerve in your wrist that affects your hand and sometimes your arm so that won't help. it helps to shake it out sometimes. if its really serious, you get surgery and cut a tendon in your wrist.

I recently have been experiencing numbess in my left pinky and ring finger (from the ulnar nerve being pinched). After seeing a chiropractor, it's been a result of my awkward computer setup at school. Already after one session and a conscious effort to stop myself from going into awkward positions, the numbness is slowly subsiding.