For black boots

wild_whiskey

Black combat boots  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Black combat boots

• Buckles
    • Laces

Completely depends on the style of the boot. I have seen alot of buckle boots that are ugly as shit, and a ton of laceups that are ugly as shit as well. In fact, one of my all-time favorite boots has laces and a thick buckle/strap at the top.

Either way........sorry for confusing your poll.

i have the opposite reaction. when i see laces i recall mid-90s flannels & tall Doc Martens, all laced up and tight.

Having seen some of the bladerunner-esque stuff coming from Japan, and admittedly a couple of darkanimal's ensembles, I've opened up my mind to both.

i got the idea in my head of a great get-up involving skinny black jeans and black combat boots, and whenever i have this strong of a pre-conception, the end result is usually favorable.

1. Neil Barrett leather lace-up cap-toe boot with zipper insole, $705 a pair. At Jeffrey, 449 West 14th Street. 2. J.Lindeberg leather lace-up boot, $350. At J.Lindeberg, 126 Spring Street. 3. Nicole Farhi distressed-leather lace-up cap-toe boot, $360. At Nicole Farhi stores. 4. Paul Smith wingtip boot, about $540. At Paul Smith, 108 Fifth Avenue and Los Angeles.

edit: Wild_Whiskey I got the picture from here.

Military boots= lace. In some darker designs you can add buckles but only as an extra. I'm actually looking for yet another pair of boots, my combat being out of order. Maybe something like LM but I'm not set yet, nothing jumped on me...

ha ha! yah those are mine, posted originally re: some other poll someone had up... the only boots i own are these and last season's buckle-only desert boots, so you know which side of the debate i'm on. cool thing about these is that you can tuck your pants in for some paramilitary ski lodge shit or pull your pants over them and it looks like you're just wearing some very strange sneakers... thanks to the flat sole...and the wood platform is a very nice touch...