If Christmas had no........

damnIam

presents. Well, it almost here and I have one question. If there were no presents to open, but you got to get together with everyone you loved, family,friends and plenty of time off. Would it seem like Christmas. I think if you didn't have to buy presents you could afford to take more time off. Then you could actually spend time with the ones you love instead of one afternoon. Thoughts?

well... thats alot like what i do. my mom was a JW for a long time, so we didnt celebrate christmas. we did take advantage of the time off and always had family visiting. it was nice.

i dont celebrate now either, but i do try to spend time with family. christmas day however, i usually try to do some street skating, since it is the only day you can be assured that you wont be arrested quick.

cant really say that I would've been that excited about christmas presents for a long time. of course its fun to open them and get something nice, but when your an adult you get the things you want and need pretty much yourself so giving presents doesn't serve the same purpose as it did when you were a kid. you could've wanted something for the whole year and knew exactly when you'll (hopefully) get it = most exciting day of the year. now its more of a tradition, just for fun.

generally though christmas pisses me off, I cant stand the stress, the crowdedness, the songs etc.. I just can't stand people going totally nuts about something that happens every fucking year :rolleyes:

I have a pretty large fam so my siblings and I agreed a long time ago to draw a name out of a hat so we don't have to get everyone something. That's cool but it also means I only get 1 present.

Basically, X-mas is for the kids. For the adults, it's just hanging out w/ fam which is fine w/ me. I usually splurge on something for myself at X-mas.