Looking At Acnes

hughsd

I would start with Max Raw first (Max is slimmest men's Acne model, with a low rise) and size one down.

Unless you have a really small waist, then try Hex Raw (womens) but I think it's cut a bit differently? I own Max Raw and Max Cash (black unwashed).

I wouldnt buy Acne to break them in. The Moc Raw's wear the best, but mic rigid and max raw are terrible. Moc Raw is like on the same level as Nudie's selvedge denim maybe, just slightly thinner. I still wouldn't buy them though, but then again I dont like anything from outside of Japan.

yeah. get Skulls instead, Hughsd! :)

edit: or perhaps john bull sc008s?

I was thinking about getting myslef some acnes... I was just wondering which cuts seem to fit the best. i like my jeans VERY tight. i wanted some raw blue this time.. any recomendations?

the werd on acne is overpriced and iffy quality. if you like tight go for apc new cures at half the u.s. retail of acne. april 77 is another company doing tight real well. at the price they want for acne you could get some raw dior homme which is miles away from acne for quality and fit.

the werd on acne is overpriced and iffy quality. if you like tight go for apc new cures at half the u.s. retail of acne. april 77 is another company doing tight real well. at the price they want for acne you could get some raw dior homme which is miles away from acne for quality and fit.

Acne does not have iffy quality and is not overpriced. They cost too much compared to Japanese brands, but so does everything else in the US.

April 77 does not have better quality, they're just as good/wack however you want to put it.

I don't like either brand for jeans, and definitely hate April 77 because their stuff is late, cliche and boooooring.

I have a pair of Acne Mod in the Dry Clean wash. They're definitely not poorly made, and the wash is amazing. IMHO you shouldn't buy Acnes for a pair of "project" jeans, like HJJ said, but they have some really nice washes (especially the Dry Clean wash).

I don't like either brand for jeans, and definitely hate April 77 because their stuff is late, cliche and boooooring.

there are less irritating ways to be an opinionated person, fyi.

try the mix. they're not as low as the max, and if i remember correctly, they're even slimmer. or if you're really skinny, get the hex. i love mine.

I don't think Acne is that bad. If you buy at the swedish price points, it's just like apc. I wouldn't buy them as a project either because I don't think they'd hold up well under constant abuse.

BTW, it's crazy how this board is sometimes close minded when something comes from outside Japan and completely the oposite when it does... it feels like a bunch oif nerds discussing anime haha :D

I don't think Acne is that bad. If you buy at the swedish price points, it's just like apc. I wouldn't buy them as a project either because I don't think they'd hold up well under constant abuse.

BTW, it's crazy how this board is sometimes close minded when something comes from outside Japan and completely the oposite when it does... it feels like a bunch oif nerds discussing anime haha :D

I don't like everything from Japan, and that which I like I don't like because of where it's from, but the jap brands we discuss here are much better for what I want my jeans for than everything else.

Acne is good if you want pants, if you want jeans, buy from Japan.

I don't like everything from Japan, and that which I like I don't like because of where it's from, but the jap brands we discuss here are much better for what I want my jeans for than everything else.

Acne is good if you want pants, if you want jeans, buy from Japan.

I don't have any problem with your choices, and I wasn't attacking you or anything. Most of my wardrobe used to come from Japan too.

And you're right about your last statement. I don't view Acne as "real" jeans either.

IMHO you shouldn't buy Acnes for a pair of "project" jeans, like HJJ said, but they have some really nice washes (especially the Dry Clean wash).

I agree most with this. Acnes are very well made and certainly not poor quality or anything, however their best selling point is their amazing washes. I do not believe there are any factory washes better than Acne except for maybe some Dior washes which I would put about equal to Acne.

while i havent seen every pair of acnes on the planet almost every pair ive seen in real life, and touched with my hands, had a horribly fake wash, thin unimpressive denim, and a price point nearing (or exceeding) $300. i have seen a few pairs i liked (the deadstock mix looks great and the max garage looks pretty cool too) but over all the seem to be a lot of hype. if i could get them for a decent price i might have a different opinion but at the prices u.s. retailers are asking you can do much much bettter imho.

besides the o.p. was asking for raw skinny jeans which is something i dont think acne does very well at all.