superfuture

SUPERTALK 7

Just keeping track of feedback and any bugs for this update. Please add anything you notice.

CURRENT BUGS

It seems like things are finally working well still a bit erratic on this supertalk 7 upgrade. Fixing one issue sometimes creates new ones and debugging and then coordinating fixes requires some global timezone tech syncing. If you notice any further problems then please pm supertalk or add them to this supertalk 7 thread. Timeout issues with 502 503 or 524 errors should now be a thing of the superpast but if you get one, close the page and try again in a few minutes - and report it to us. When uploading or posting ads on classifieds go slowly and click once or you might end up with a double / triple post. 

01 BANNED USER bug

02 All server side issues supposed to now be fixed but site still maxing intermittently. This eventually leads to timeouts and Cloudflare  524 timeout errors TIMEOUT ISSUE. FIXED 
also related...
03 Took 3 refreshes to make this post after getting following error message on the first post. It still posted anyway? - TIMEOUT ISSUE. FIXED.
04 New single Post produced double post THIS SEEMS TO BE TIMEOUT ISSUE. 
05 image upload -200  FIXED
------------------------------
RESOLVED
01 Getting lots of cached pages - needing to refresh page 3-4 times to get to new layouts - seems to flush it - but not sure if some other issue with server sync?
02 Broken profile pics - need testing to confirm fixed - SEEMS FIXED. PLS ADD NEW PROFILE PICS!
03 cannot delete double/triple posts from sidebar widget
04 Posting images from IMGR needs checking  [how do i now upload an image? previously using Imgur i clicked “copy image address” on the image and pasted into my post and the photo displayed immediately.]  Similarly Instagram embedding  ----> sometimes the link takes some time to sync with instagram and appears missing or broken. Saving a post 2 times seems to be a hack to fix this [?]. Suspect the likely reason is due to supertalk running on dynamic IP nodes located in several geolocations so simple explanation is when you upload or make a post it goes on 1 server node then has to sync with the other nodes and there can be delays across networks. Sometimes the link appears a few minutes/hours later.
------------------------------
TO DO
01 Multiview - Get this option working DONE
02 Login - Twitter [settings need to be updated] Google+ [can be setup] etc.

Keep trying to post a photo and I get the message upload failed -200

4 hours ago, chambo2008 said:

Keep trying to post a photo and I get the message upload failed -200

yep. something not right. getting techs to investigate. try a second time but wait a few minutes as a temp fix. 

techs are undergoing some more server work over next few hours... bumpy ride ahead.

whoah. getting some weird broken layouts here... 
seems a css library isn't getting read properly. [?] 

FIXED

FYI. these latest timeouts over past 30 mins are beyond our control...
[see below incident report from DO]

Screen Shot 2019-01-25 at 9.23.44 AM.png

Just upgraded and doubled capacity of servers about 8 hours ago but still unstable and that was NOT expected. Expecting it is going to need more resyncing. This is so frustratingly epic. bleh.