Verdict: s5000VX w30

nairb49

For anyone who cares, thought I'd share the logic (and illogic) behind my decision to recently get a pair of these.

btw, for the moment, as I try and justify my purchase and reassure myself of the right decision, I am ONLY looking for kudos and cries of "well done" "good idea" etc etc.

I'll let you know when I'm ready to handle criticism.

Well, you'll know when you see them on supermarket I guess.

So- was trying to decide between the BK and VX. Decided that since I've been on the search for that perfect fitting repro, I'm going to make this pair a serious project, since many pairs before have been ditched after a while due to issues with fit/denim etc.

That said, I wasn't totally sure that the BK would have the longevity for me since I wanted a classic repro (though I definitely looooooooove the BK right now).

As for sizing. General consensus from reading majority of the Samurai thread, was 2 sizes down. I'm a 31-2 so in between W29 and W30, but my problem is the size of my thighs, which can be compared to the "thunder thighs" on the Bears model.

Since he was wearing 30 and they already looked slimmish around his thighs, I opted to go with the W30 as opposed to W29, and then keep the option to shrink them if necessary.

So, done and done. They arrive in a few days, after which I shall post pics.

Yep, good buy. They're not skin tight. Apart from in the waist, the measurements between my 28 BKs and the 29 I've now sold were nominal so I think you would have been ok. They fit fantastically well. A good choice for a long project and of course indigo will give you faster results than the blacks. Keep us posted :)

I don't know man. IMO they look like shit. I am a size 30 you want to sell them? Hahaha

hahaa If the soaking turns out disastrously somehow, I'll let you know.

They're hanging right now, gonna put them on when they're dampish.

Holy Christmas, I just pulled them on (and probably popped a double hernia in the process).

Took me about 15 minutes to get the buttons down up, not because of tightness on my body, but the stiffness of the buttonholes.

I'm really really pleased with the fit though, look like my search might be over....