big E blanket lined jacket [pics]

haptronic

i was having a conversation with a friend who is a serious collector of denim about wanting a type 3 jacket...he asked what condition i was looking for and what size i was and said he might have something for me...5 minutes later he came back with this...a mid-late60's jacket with a crazy acid wash like fade that he had been told came about from being found left in the sun....the jacket was given to him by an american collector in the early 90's and has been gifted to me on the condition that when i have finished with it i gift it to someone the same manner...

crazy fade...

full1.jpg

blanket lining

blanket1.jpg

big E tag...small leather patch...lemon black and orange thread...524 factory stamp

details.jpg

killroy X 8ball patch...[from an early owner]

bonus.jpg

it has the big pocket flaps of the early 60's 557...but the small patch of the later 70505...

the stitching is orange with some lemon accents all button holes are black...the buttons are copper [tell tale green oxidisation on some]...perhaps one of the resident vintage experts will be able to shed light on what it is...

• 2 years later...

I'll stick up a few pics of mine in a day or 2. It's in a much better state than the one pictured (no offence meant)