Houseplants

pepper davies

Couldn't find a Superfuture houseplants thread.  If anyone else is into plants post and I'll upload some pictures of some of my plants.  I currently have too many plants in my little apartment, but they make it a much more enjoyable place.

I've been using vintage Bauer and McCoy posts for everything thus far.  All you need is a glass or masonry bit to drill a few holes in the bottom.  Can anyone recommend affordable options for large plants?  I recently planted a 7' tall ficus lyrata, but had to use a terra cotta as everything else very large was super expensive.

hrVCL4r.jpg

lx9svJ1.jpg

PsOK8HR.jpg

Edited by pepper davies

i'm boring/lazy and have always liked just having various cactus, especially since most things die in australian summer. i haven't had one them for a few years because of moving all the time though, so its time to get some more. any stuff native to your area that can survive indoors?

Edited by conqueror

Succulents in general are pretty hardy plants, little maintenance required.

Just keep em in a room that gets decent sunlight and water once in a while when the soil is dry. You can keep them outside too but I just leave mine indoors all year because I'm too lazy to move them when it gets too cold.

I've forgotten about my echeveria for over a month without watering before and it keeps on truckin after several years of abuse and a mild mealybug attack.

I've got a fair few Adenium and seedlings, absolutely love them... I've been buying up old bonsai 'cascade' pots for the few that need repotting come spring... Think they'll balance well.

All my other plants are 'lazy' (Dieffenbacia, ficus, couple of rubber plants) and I tend to stick to terracotta... Helps with root rot.

I'll try get some pics up.

Ah right yeah, I've seen squatter ones with those wee pink flowers sometimes. Looks top like that, though I suppose getting that leggy is probably a bad sign.

• 2 weeks later...