Heading to LA, what clubs/lounge's should I hit up?

cubbyfresh

SO i'm heading down to LA this holiday weekend and was wondering what clubs/lounge's can I go to where I don't have to get all dressed up. No dress shoes, dress shirts, I just wanna wear some fresh af1's, a tee and some jeans. Hip hop beats, a cool environment and some drinks.

Thanks for the help.

Any others? C'mon LA folks, help me out. 28 views and 1 reply? C'mon now. All you guys say LA is the place to be but no one has anywhere to go. LAME

^ thank you for your help

i'm not really familiar with any hiphop spots but i know of other fun clubs/lounges. On Thursdays there's transistor at the grand star - really nice environment, fun people, its a bit of a mod-type place but unless you're really not all too open to something different you may not find it enjoyable. i dunno. there's underground on fridays...which is another fun small place that plays good music...somewhat similar to transistor. again, they don't play hiphop, so i'll stop here and if you're interested in whatever other places i know pm me.

what days will u be there?

Hey guys, in my original post I said this holiday weekend, so Sept 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and I leave on the 4th. So Friday, saturday, and sunday nights.

I'm open to anything, but I wanna stick to a cool and enjoyable hip hop spot.

Thanks for the replies so far

Check this site.

http://www.rootdownclub.com/

Also try checking Melrose Ave (i.e. Fat Beats - a record store) for flyers and parties. You can also check out Union and Undefeated on LaBrea Ave for flyers.

I would've recommended some of the clubs on Hollywood but given the recent invasion, you'll most likely require to be on the guest list or be stacked with some hotties.

The hip hop scene in LA is quite dope if you find the right parties to rock.

The Rootdown only goes off on thursdays, Firecracker goes off this friday that's in Chinatown. There's probably an underground Downtown spot this weekend but no address until saturday probably, just ask shops when you get here. The do-over on sundays is fresh and done by a Ubiquity DJ it's free and near amoeba. Check www.jointzmag.com soundlessons might be going off this weekend too, that's usually cool

The Rootdown only goes off on thursdays, Firecracker goes off this friday that's in Chinatown. There's probably an underground Downtown spot this weekend but no address until saturday probably, just ask shops when you get here. The do-over on sundays is fresh and done by a Ubiquity DJ it's free and near amoeba. Check www.jointzmag.com soundlessons might be going off this weekend too, that's usually cool

i think he covered the spots i'd be interested in going to.

if i only had to go to one thing i'd go for the downtown thing (art don't sleep?). that shit doesn't start until midnight and doesn't let off until 4 AM. always a good time.