NYC: Tonight... Virgin Tears, The Misshapes, Oxy Cottontail, A-Ron, and Me...

MikeN

They turnout was really great, BUT they were being super strict with IDs. Normally the club is totally cool with IDs, but apparantly two nights ago the cops came in an arrested a bunch of employees for letting minors in and letting people smoke inside. Next week I was told it will be more of a lax attitude towards IDs. A friend of mine who is FORTY-TWO years old, got denied at the door because he didn't have his ID on him. Anyway, it was still a great night, and photos will be up on www.thecobrasnake.com and www.stereonyc.com soon!

I don't know, I've been doing parties for about a year now, but I still have my day job. The day job actually kills me because it's 9 to 6 five days a week...and on monday, wednesday, and soon...every other thursday i'm out till like 4:30 am. So usually on my off days...tuesday and every other thursday, I'll get home from work and just sleep like 14 hours.

I don't know, I've been doing parties for about a year now, but I still have my day job. The day job actually kills me because it's 9 to 6 five days a week...and on monday, wednesday, and soon...every other thursday i'm out till like 4:30 am. So usually on my off days...tuesday and every other thursday, I'll get home from work and just sleep like 14 hours.

I totally understand. I've got a year left at NYU, I've got a 9-5 job, and a non-paying internship that is only semi-related to half the shit I really enjoy doing. So, most nights, I'm up until 3 in the morning getting shit done so that I can enjoy a few hours of fucking around in my home studio, or writing, or photography.

Makes me wonder at what point you just try and throw yourself completely into your passion... I'd love to quit my job and put my talents as a publicist to better use, but needing money wins out every time.