So I ordered from Earth Market.......

Dick Danger

I had been waiting for a package from Earth Market for over three weeks, it arrived today. I sent several emails to them and I never got a reply, I didn't even get an order confirmation email.

That happen to anyone else?

I think I know why it took so long. The package didn't have my name on it and my and the address was formatted a bit funny. It looked like this;

XXX My Street Rock

Springs Wy USA

That's it. Rock and Springs should be on the same line and there is no zip. I guess it's a good thing I live in a small town or I might have never gotten it. I'm pretty sure I followed the Super Rag instructions exactly, but maybe I didn't.

I've been clicking every link in myRakuten and I still haven't found a way to edit my info without starting another order, any ideas?

Very strange. I ordered from there on Thursday and it arrived here on Sunday.

If your credit card wasn't charged, I would just order again.

I got the Suger Cane 1962 Type 3.

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/earthmarket/460157/597188/760265/

I'll post pics etc once I buy a new transfer cable .....

Very happy with my coat esp for the price.

I did get the package today, but it took over three weeks from the day I ordered.

more importantly: what was in the package?

It was a wallet, I didn't want to go overboard on my first order. I'm still trying to figure out why it was addressed the way it was though. Everything looks ok in myRakuten, but I now I'm not sure. I guess I'll see what happens with my Hinoya order.

similar thing happened to me when I ordered my redwing boots and nudie denim jacket from Volls out of germany. I typed my address in the correct format on their online ordering page, but when I finally received the package the address was all Fucked-up, they mispelled my city, left out my state, but at least the street address was ok and my zip-code was there.

I know what you mean about small town living, because I can get anything, address magled, whatever, as long as the zip is okay, and my name is there, I can get it. We can also in town send mail to lots of people with just a name on the envelope, it'd pretty funny, our town is soooooo small the post office calls if we are getting a package, or if one comes in during the afternoon, so we can pick it up then, they'll even stay open late for ya. small town living is great.

I've never had experience with this store, but buying internationally on eBay I've run into that kind of thing, I think addresses are formatted a little different and people get confused, I sure do shipping international.

• 4 months later...
Can I ask why that is? (if you know)

Any other place in the world, stuff goes through very quickly as normal.

I hate to bring back a dead thread but I thought this was interesting.

I placed the order on 8/14/06 my card was charged a few days later, then a few weeks later the charge fell off my account. Something about the transaction never being finalized by the merchant, then over a month later it was back on my account again, they eventually did finalized the charge. Had this happen twice.

I ordered something from Japan, but I e-mailed them instead of going through their site. They answered back and although I had to pay through wire transfer (with a $50 wire transfer fee), I got the package in maybe 4 days. Well satisfied.

I placed the order on 8/14/06 my card was charged a few days later, then a few weeks later the charge fell off my account. Something about the transaction never being finalized by the merchant, then over a month later it was back on my account again, they eventually did finalized the charge. Had this happen twice.

This is pretty common with Japanese online merchants.

$50 to wire is quite a lot.. My bank (Washington Mutual) was going to charge me $40 but then it turned out that I could upgrade to some other account type that was virtually the same but I got, in addition to a few other things, free wire transfers.