Proportionofblu pics

timmy32

has anyone seen a picture of these, it's said that they will place everything in the jean off of the golden proportions, or proportions of 1.618. if you dont know what the golden proportion is shame on you, the rest of the world knows.

anyways i cant find a picture of any of their denim, not even a working pattern

I'm working hard with Proportionofblu's PR company to get their photos out. I will post on my blog once they finish touching up the photos. They seem to be taking a lot of care not to release any raw/poor quality photos.

The only pic floating around so far appears in the WWD last week.

For those interested in the golden ratio - Phi (capital P) denotes approx. 1.618...while phi (lower case p) is the former's reciprocal. Divide 1.618...into 1, resulting in phi = .618....

The golden ration received its latest celebrity spotlight in culture via Dan Brown's Da Vinci Code, in which Robert Langdon delves into a flashback of him lecturing on the significance of phi and the fibonacci sequence.

Quicly glancing at my desk I can cite two books that can give even those not mathematically inclined a crashcourse on phi: "Diviine Proportion: PHI in Art, Nature, and Science" by Priya Hemenway. It's fully of pretty pictures, many of which have nothing to do with the golden ratio. A well rounded collection of phi related images nonetheless.

Mario Livio's "The Golden Ratio" is also good for a layman's explanation.

Finally, those who are truly interested in all this should consider picking up the soon-to-be-released translation of Fra Luca Pacioli's "De Divina Proportione" (1509 AD). The original is said to be the first written account of Phi.

Health to you.

Watch it only be men's stuff and then the stuff I could wear will be impossible to find in my size... my kind of luck.

I am waiting very patiently for that traslated version, it'll give me something to read (I've read every book in the damn house this summer, and already read most of the library)

Watch it only be men's stuff and then the stuff I could wear will be impossible to find in my size... my kind of luck.

I am waiting very patiently for that traslated version, it'll give me something to read (I've read every book in the damn house this summer, and already read most of the library)

you sound like me keri, i am constantly reading whatever i can get my hands on, i just grapped the original book by einstein on the theory of relativity, should be a good read.

hope they make womens but from what i've read about them so far it doesnt look like it. sorry

you sound like me keri, i am constantly reading whatever i can get my hands on, i just grapped the original book by einstein on the theory of relativity, should be a good read.

hope they make womens but from what i've read about them so far it doesnt look like it. sorry

notice i said wwd- womens wear daily. read my blog for details.

notice i said wwd- womens wear daily. read my blog for details.

good point, i stand corrected, damn, i just remember reading something about it being a mens line only somewhere but it was prob a diff brand and i just mixed it up in my head

eric whats up man, hows school? ya since i finally got internet in my place i figured i'd finally start posting on SF.

Denim is like crack, once you start theres no goin back

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jeffvyain

you can also catch Phi in the movie Pi (however, the name of the movie is actually the symbol for pi, which i'm not going to bother trying to find on my computer). It's a film by Darren Aronofsky, who also did Requiem for a Dream. Both are very interesting movies, but Pi was quite a bit more stimulating to the mind with all the mathematics involved, though it does get pretty crazy toward the end. I can hardly ever finish the movie.

just thought I'd throw that out there.

has anyone seen a picture of these, it's said that they will place everything in the jean off of the golden proportions, or proportions of 1.618. if you dont know what the golden proportion is shame on you, the rest of the world knows.

anyways i cant find a picture of any of their denim, not even a working pattern

yeah, i bet a bunch of fashion designer really thought pretty hard about a number that has captivated numerologists for hundreds of years, a gimmick? hell yeah, number theory and denim is no way related, sorry.

Just saw the pics on your blog, pacioli. All I can say is "gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay"

I know a pair of guys that would love those jeans and all the cheesy mathematics behind it. Sounds like they are just trying to trick all the mainstream retards with their technical, mathematical babble. Looks like a rebranded true religion cut.

Not for me, but I know theres definately people who are going to buy into it.

I'm waiting to see these in person and checking out the details before deciding but i'm not blown away so far.

agreed, i'm not particularly fond of these, maybe they might get better but we'll see, and poly, i agree with you, it is all about a gimmick and hype, every product out there is, some appeal to certain people and not to others, it's all about your preferences, i happen to be interested in phi so i thought i would check these out

• 1 year later...