The Pack - Vans

naturaljax

I'm sure others have heard this new song by the Pack.

I can't decide whether to cry or not. I love my Vans, but I don't need these guys shouting them out.

The beat is catchy though.

I think it's equivalent to when Lil' Wayne started rapping about Bape and Evisu.

nah it's like

"I got my Vans on but they look like sneakers" and basically repeat that.

And then every verse is about how they rock vans, but how it's a punk rock shoe and shit.

it's weird.

That's the video for the song.

lol.... Fubu.... LLCoolJ and the 90's endorses the hyphy movement.

My friends' sister hates the song because she's claims to have been wearing vans since as long as she can remember without needing a song to make her want to go out and buy it. I personally don't think anyone should care, unless of course you just find the beat annoying or don't like vans.

Dude, someone already wrote a song about Vans. Pick it up, pick it up...

--------------

Well, you’re just like a club fag wearing Doc Martens

Get a pair of chukas or some checkerboard slip-ons

Worship Jeff Spicoli not Chris Cornell

Get a pair of Vans or God will send you to Hell

To Hell…

You think Doc Martens are the coolest invention

Since someone sliced a loaf of bread in someone else’s kitchen

The plain truth is that you just plain suck

So why should I tell you not to waste a hundred bucks

Vans in my head

Vans on my feet

My sole is on the ground when I’m walking down the street 2, 3, 4

Don’t wear no Doc Martens

Can’t wear no Birkenstocks

Just a crummy old pair of chuka boots and a smelly old pair of socks…

If you want to wear them you don’t have to ride a skateboard

You can even wear them with a pair of old cords

Someone’ll probably tell you that they’re not in trend

Just tell them that’s the reason why you don’t have any friends

No friends…

I don’t wanna hear about alternative footwear

And I don’t wanna hear about your new hair-do

I don’t give a shit about you stupid motherfuckers

‘Cause I just wanna get a pair of olive green chukas!

Vans in my head

Vans on my feet

Vans in my head

Vans on my feet

-----------------

they're black...therefore they must be "gangstas", right??

Shut up assface. The reason that was said is because the guys are wearing fucking grills, airbrushed t-shirts, and enormous cocked to the side fitted caps and chains. Or how about a sampling of their lyrics:

Now we gettin money, all these niggas wanna be us

But i don't give a fuck cuz my whole team see us

I wear checkered vans the same color as snow (hey) When Uno spit crack, the same color as coke

Not to mention that in this day and age the word "gangsta" commonly refers to traditional rappers as more often than not, that is what they refer to themselves as. Generally, it is a term of endearment. Now take your uneducated reverse-racist ass somewhere else.

Shut up assface. The reason that was said is because the guys are wearing fucking grills, airbrushed t-shirts, and enormous cocked to the side fitted caps and chains. Or how about a sampling of their lyrics:

Not to mention that in this day and age the word "gangsta" commonly refers to traditional rappers as more often than not, that is what they refer to themselves as. Generally, it is a term of endearment. Now take your uneducated reverse-racist ass somewhere else.

Gangsta refers to traditional rappers more often than not? That's totally false.

"Gangsta" normally refers to a particular "style" either in lyrical content, "swagger" or style of dress; its still a sub-genre of "Rap". Rick Ross or Yo Gotti would be gangsta as opposed to Kanye or Common who are not.

^^ Sorry my friend, you are misinterpreting what I said. Maybe I did not use the correct descriptive adjective. I meant 'traditional' rappers in the sense that that they aren't Limp Bizkit/Linkin Park, i.e. I am referring to people you would generally think of when you think of rap: Jay-Z, BIG, blah, blah etc.

NO ONE ever mentioned "Gangsta Rap" (as a style or genre), so I am not sure what it is you are on about? I simply mentioned that 'Gangsta' is a term used amongst many people these days, not only rappers or african-americans and that it is not negative. Yes, Kanye and Common might refer to themselves as "gangstas" because this term is synonymous with getting money and being a "badass" in todays colloqualisms, particularly in rap music.........Someone called the group 'gangstas' and it was taken as a racist insult, which is retarded. That is why I called the guy out. It is not a racial insult, which is what I explained. Either way, this is a stupid thing to be arguing about. It is like me being pissed because someone says "oh look at those preppies in that video" and I say "just because they are white and wear sweaters they are preppies?" It is feckin' stupid.

it's definitely boosting sales (i wonder if they were paid by vans to do the song?).

last weekend was the big "caribana" festival in toronto...i'm not stereotyping, but i went to a couple shops and there were LOADS of people who i can pretty much guarantee wouldn't have been caught dead in vans last year and guess what some of these guys were trying on??? yep.

complaining about someone referring to rappers in a video with an obvious 'thug' motif and trying to imply they're racist on an internet message board about men's fashion makes you look retarded.

the song sucks fuck, the one guy's line is just about how he went to the store and they didn't have his size.

what the hell does 'but they look like sneakers' mean?