For Londoners: SugarCane at AC

ruprecht

Been posted before that American Classics on Endell St were getting some SCs in - well, they've arrived. Was there this evening, they've got 47s and 55s (with a semi-swanky box) - limited numbers, though, only a couple of pairs each size.

The woman there said that, hopefully, they'll be getting them more regularly from now on though.

Sadly, not much use for me as i got a pair of 47s from coldrice before he left, and the 55s are a bit to full a cut. But I still managed to spectacularly fall off the raw denim wagon with a pair of Japanese Blue Bells.

Somebody, PLEASE come up with a seven-step programme.

not sure, it's the first time i've actually seen SCs in an actual store, so... i think through coldrice my 47s cost $200 or so, which is, what, about £120 - (goes to check currency converter...)

ooh, shite, way out. it's £104... damn that would be a good pound to be in new york with, hehe.

um, i dunno, guess the mark up is probably fair once exclusivity/import costs/tax/profit is added on. 'specially in these post-coldrice-days :(

i actually asked why the 55s were so much more and she said it's 'cos of the whole made in the US from japanese denim factor.

either ways, i'll be keeping my eye on the store - she was dead helpful/friendly - here's hoping they expand their selection...

not sure, it's the first time i've actually seen SCs in an actual store, so... i think through coldrice my 47s cost $200 or so, which is, what, about £120 - (goes to check currency converter...)

ooh, shite, way out. it's £104... damn that would be a good pound to be in new york with, hehe.

um, i dunno, guess the mark up is probably fair once exclusivity/import costs/tax/profit is added on. 'specially in these post-coldrice-days :(

i actually asked why the 55s were so much more and she said it's 'cos of the whole made in the US from japanese denim factor.

either ways, i'll be keeping my eye on the store - she was dead helpful/friendly - here's hoping they expand their selection...

For one, VAT is 17.5%

BTW, is the American Classics store on the King's Road still open?

they've got quite a few LVCs, some nice Lees & Wrangler Blue Bells (european and jap) and various other jeans that i can't really remember right now. non-denim wise there's assorted tees, sweats, jackets etc. pretty much what you'd expect. haven't really looked at those properly though, 'cos i generally just head straight for the jeans.

what other clothing brands does the store stock? i want to know because i going tom.

Interstate is across the road too - does the whole American workwear thing, but is worth poking into. Think it also has Edwin and some other stuff

ah, and the latest UBS report eplains why the SC's seem so expensive - it's because everything is expensive

UBS's Wealth Management's 13th "Prices and Earnings" study

* Compared to 71 cities globally, London is ranked the most expensive city to live in, including rent and housing costs;

* Excluding rent and housing costs, London becomes the second most expensive city to live in, after Oslo

• 4 years later...