hiphopisdead

Stackhouse NYC

when i was there last weekend, the space was getting renovated. i heard that stackhouse moved across the street, but i'm not sure.

Heard Johnny Cupcakes is taking over this location.

is johnny cupcakes really going to move there? is his shit really that big?

is johnny cupcakes really going to move there? is his shit really that big?

I haven't seen him in a while, but this is what friends have told me. Last time I talked to Johnny was way before this news even hit, and he was just fixing up his Newbury St. location here. The grand opening of the store was ridiculous... the line went all the way around the block. He said his things have been moving a lot lately in the Asian market. And from what I can see around here in Boston, a lot of people have been getting into his stuff who I wouldn't expect (i.e. a LOT of college students).

'm just utterly amazed that his stuff is so big, especially with his price point on that stuff. i live in boston (somerville/cambridge), i haven't seen anyone rock that shit. coincidentally saw a lady in nyc wearing one.

Yeah, I didn't really see a lot of different people rockin his shit either, except for the few kids who knew who he was through hardcore, etc. I go to school in Northeastern, so I've seen a lot of students here wearing his stuff, most likely due to the Newbury St. opening.

the monthly rent must be super-high for that location (the space next to $upreme)

i guess they make enough profit to open up a store there

Yeah they moved across the street and it appears to be Stackhouse and some other womens clothing place. I stopped by there last time I was in NY and it was looking pretty good. They have a lot of shoes for sale on consignment but at insane prices.

johnny cupcakes... giving hope to wack t-shirt brand startups world-wide!!

at least they're not doing the hideous "bathing cupcake" shit anymore.

but serious, WHO wears this? somebody, somewhere, is buying.