Anyone out there know what the differences between a BR B-10 & a ELC B-10 Jackets are - I'm trying to discover which company/product is Top Dog & who makes the superior jacket!?

I hear that the body lengths are slightly different between the two? Do BR B-10's come up shorter than the ELC B-10's??

Who makes the most acurate - Who makes the most wearable??

I'm curious to know all the comparisons and all the pros & cons in order to find out which maker of this classic jacket is the real reigning champ.

Any one with experience, purcheses, photos, opinions...

I don't know much about eastman but buzz ricksons products are top notch.

Their quality, crafmanshift and the attention to detail is really amazing. Accuracy is indeed hyper-obsessive.

I'm certainly not an expert on the vintage flight jackets, my only experience with Buzz Rickson is my pair of athletic snakers and the black MA-1 jacket.

How does your MA-1 fit.. I keep hearing the body lengths come up short on the BR jackets esp on the B-10? From what I have seen I too would agree that attention to detail is second to none!

How tall are you?

I've got the BR B-10 and am around 6 feet. I have to say that it is an amazing jacket, but not very practical for me as it is too short.

Now the short length is historically correct as these were to be worn in the cockpit and the pilot had to have room to move. But due to the alpaca/wool lining the jacket is too warm for warm weather and in cold weather my lower back is getting cold quickly.

It might be okay in wamer spring and autumn weather, though.

I haven't seen the Eastman jacket in person yet, but I know that they have a longer option, which I should have gone for.

How does your MA-1 fit..
I guess it is quite short, buzz MA-1 comes also in slendercut, b-10 probably doesn't.

as indigoeagle said, the reason for shortness of the jacket is authenticity, not a bad desing.

Also, here you might find some answers http://supertalk.superfuture.com/index.php?/topic/24181-the-flight-jacket-thread/

Edited by Brainboy

Thanks for the reply Indigoeagle - Yes I've heard the length comes up short true to historic fit & design but not so practical for contemporary use... May well get in touch with Eastman to discuss length options - but would still be great to hear from someone who's owned both makes for true comparisons. Thanks for the link brainboy!

• 2 weeks later...

I'v heard that the ELC B10 is a little more accurate than the Buzz B10, the other bonus with the ELC is that it is available in long back lengths for us tall guys. However the ELC is only available in one contract - the Roughwear.. whereas Buzz do a few different contracts so there are more colours to choose from (mouton, liner, shell, knits etc).

Interesting.. Thanks for this.. What about The Real McCoy's? I've heard great things about their B-10.. Just don't want to comit to importinng one all the way from Japan if it's the same body length as the Buzz.. As beautiful as they are I want to wear them, not just look at them!

I've got a brand new with tags, never been worn Buzz Rickson B-10 size 38" for sale if anyone's interested??