Surf brands, next wave?

aso2004

With me getting older and wearing some smarter clothes my search for smarter surf themed clothes were until two years ago not very successful.

You tended to get stuck in the same brands but in their silver lines (quicksilver) or had to choose something less provocative from the likes of stussy etc..

No clean cut or well made stuff that you could also wear off the beach and not look like a 15 year old or a dude.

That changed for me after I stepped into the Saturday Surf store in New york where I was surprised by the amount of nice clothes they stocked under their own label. This year it seems that with Batten Sportswear (USA), Finnisterre (UK) and Hoalen (France) we tend to see better cut stuff getting into the stores that still have a surf vibe to it..

So, am I forgetting brands here, are there better alternatives to a Sun surf hawaii shirt on a pair of faded jeans and flip flops?

Use the thread to keep each other posted on the best pair of trunks, nice shirts etc..