other sources for denim info

mizanation

i was wondering, if you're not on superfuture, how the hell do you learn about raw/dry/selvage/premium denim, especially the stuff that comes from japan?

in the u.s., it seems very unlikely that you would learn about it by some other means, unless you are really into japanese culture (but even then, denim is not a mainstream thing in japan).

my guess is that many people learn about raw denim from brands like nudie and apc, then they find out about the japanese repro brands.

or some people get into raw denim from buying more "mainstream" brands like evisu and red monkey. then they get into the other brands.

i just think that all roads will eventually lead to superfuture....

I think all roads do lead to superfuture. My current jeans ( £30, sale, bargin! ) are old howies selvedge, made the same year as those truthster natural indigo ones they did, awesome fabric, mine are discontinued now and current howies selvedge use a different fabric, looking silver rather than blackish deep indigo.

Anyhow i kept searching for info on the net about selvedge on superfuture kept coming up, eventually I read a whole thread and joined, and now I check frequently.

The other day at the tate I looked through "selvedge" magazine, but it concerns all fabrics.

I dont know of any source other than superdenim that focuses soley on denim. Specifically selvedge etc.