Northerndenim

Tiro

I was just talking to Taavi from nordicdenimhouse.com and we kinda both mentioned his latest project -Northern denim co.- at the same time, I decided to put my order down and I promised him to post about it here, since I think it's an awesome project and some of you might be interested for sure.

so anyhow, those of you that know about the northern denim house momotaro project might already know about this also, but for those that don't know...

also to generate some interest for a great project, supporting a great cause!

what is this all about? well, basically 100 pairs of jeans, made without a lot of gimmicks, just straight forward, nice denim with a timeless cut. Taavi told me the cut is very similar to the momotaro 1005sp cut if you want to compare it to something, though with different denim, so it won't be 100% the same, but it gives u an idea anyway.

and to top it off, all the profits go to charity!

want to know more? just visit the site and while you're at it, order a pair? ;)

www.northerndenim.com

^Thanks Timmy for the heads up, so sad that there's no love for this great project.

Here i say it again that this is a charity project to rebuild those areas in Japan struck by tsunami and earthquake on March 11 2011.

some basic info about the jeans;

- jeans are 100% produced in Kojima, Okayama in Japan.

-13.5 oz Old American Selvedge Denim made of 100% Memphis Cotton.

northern-denim-chain-stitching-hem-selvedge.jpg

-fit is classic straight cut, pretty similar to Momotaro GTB label 1005sp

northern-denim-co-front-400-610.jpg

-some other details like non-labeled brass button fly, non-labeled copper rivets, hidden rivets, embossed belt loops, hidden selvedge coin pocket and of course chain stitched hem for natural roping effect.

northern-denim-co-brass-buttons.jpg

for more details and preorder;

www.northerndenim.com

• 5 months later...

Finally I received my Northern Denim Co. (NDC) and the denim is great. Some first teaser pictures more pics and info to come:

P1020757.jpg

P1020758.jpg

P1020755.jpg

P1020754.jpg

P1020753.jpg

Edited by timmens