Levi's 505 Thread

mizanation

i know a lot of people here like the orange tab Levi 505's. i saw a warehouse vintage 505 repro and it was pretty dope.

however, i don't know too much about the history or characteristics of the levi 505.

can someone help me?

when did levi start producing these? what is the difference between the 505 and the 501? how has the 505 changed over the years?

also, CMF started a 505 thread a long time ago but i can't seem to find it. if anyone can find it, please post it.

thanks,

miz

i know a lot of people here like the orange tab Levi 505's. i saw a warehouse vintage 505 repro and it was pretty dope.

however, i don't know too much about the history or characteristics of the levi 505.

can someone help me?

when did levi start producing these? what is the difference between the 505 and the 501? how has the 505 changed over the years?

also, CMF started a 505 thread a long time ago but i can't seem to find it. if anyone can find it, please post it.

thanks,

miz

oh, also check out 505 samurais, i beleived BIG just recieved some.

yeah definately slim,striahgt legged no tapering, i really like the fit, of the so505, check out HJJ's repeatofade blog spot. He covers it on there. May 16th blog.

that reminds me, HJJ the slim japanese denim post on your blog shows up funny on my firefox. like all the descriptive text's been taken away, and only the photos are left. is it just my computer that's crapping up?

HJJ, i really love your blog. lots of cool info.

the S0505XX looks a little too slim for me (i've got huge thighs), but maybe i'll like them once i try them on...

If you've got big thighs you probably shouldn't order a pair, but it is definitely worth trying them in if you get the opportunity to. Maybe you could get a pair of slim 66's, like fob f-096, maybe they will be bigger in the thigh but still have a smaller leg opening? Also, you could of course get a pair that fit you well otherwise and then just have them taken in som from the inseam, this is probably your best bet!

tip: thanks, I checked and it was the same for me. It seems about 50 fontsize=0% had snuck in somehow, the software is soo bad.. It's fixed now!

it's funny, the warehouse 505 repro that i saw had double selvage, but i believe that 505's never had that, right?

Nope, I've got a pair of big E redline 505s w/ Scovill Zipper. I love 'em, no fade at all though, seems like they were someones Sunday afternoon jeans in the 70's or something like that.

They seem to have a tapered leg? But I could be wrong. The rise is high, but I don't think it is as high as 517's.

I'll post pics if I can get my hands on a camera.

cmf, i did a search online and i see some 60s 505s with selvage.

btw, does anyone know how the people on samurai boast get that level of distressing???

doesn't seem humanly possible. what are these japanese people doing???

yeah i know what you mean.

20060307_2.jpg

that guy had to "cheat" right? those lines are crazy.

info on 505 from lvc site

check the link <a href = "http://www.us.levi.com/lsco/levi/lvc/l_lvc.jsp?JSESSIONID=EgXJMjgWApbrOrtPus3tV37stkN2LIpl6ejH9dXXLi8gncIlx2ub!948076484!-1407564314!7005!8005&bmUID=1151375177132&w=928&h=543">

also reminds me of the thread about patching/reinforcing crotch fir biking, wherever that thread is,