Bleu de Paname

grooveholmes

Anyone own any of their items, particularly their jeans? I just placed an order for a pair of their fatigue pants (on deep discount), but couldn't pull the trigger for the denim. Not particularly fond of this season's offerings, but have been impressed with their story. I remember seeing a vid interview a while ago about their desire to eventually move away from Japanese denim to a French-manufactured denim. I also believe they're owned or part-owned by the same company that runs Norse Projects? I've not handled any of their items, so I can't speak to quality or craftsmanship, so any first-hand accounts would be welcome.

http://www.bleudepaname.com/

From their online catalog:

14.jpg

13.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

Tres Bien seems to have a decent selection with good detail pics:

http://www.tresbienshop.net/brand/bleu-de-paname/

i met the owner thomas a couple years ago, he was a huge hypebeast back then, even had a sneaker store for a bit here in paris, i was very surprised to find out in that video that he was behind BdP.. I will perhaps try and pay him a visit and get more info..

anyways, i agree their chambray and cotton items are nice quality, and i like the fact it's made in france, however I'm not at all sure about the denim. the brand is still very young, and obviously they don't have a big background in the domain, they are still trying to figure their identity I think and I don't know if manufacturing has reached full maturity yet, although they are collaborating with CdG which is always a good sign..