Short documentaries online youtube, vimeo etc...

farmer

Post interesting documentaries that can be watched online. Any subject just as long as its interesting to you the more random the better.

Guy on the UK version of Who Wants to be a Millionaire won it all by using coughing patterns from a fellow contestant.

bQoNWw0G2AY

America's Most Hated Family in Crisis. Follow up on the Westboro Baptist Church ("god hates fags family" and funeral picketers) after several members have left. These people will drive you crazy.

yh3HZ4cGNPY

Louis Theroux Black Supremacy

http://documentaryheaven.com/louis-theroux-weird-weekends-black-nationalism/

Louis Theroux Behind Bars

zIfXg0dKIvM

the-power-of-nightmares.jpg

(^click for google video link)

any documentary by adam curtis is flooded with information but you never feel overwhelmed. as with any sociological or political documentary, watch it and take it with a grain of salt. never the less, his montages are highly engaging and fascinating.

Old vid that I'm pretty sure I've seen on sufu before, but wanted it in here. Still gives me the chills watching. Even if heights don't bother you this will get you. Feel so relieved when he clips in at the end

tgO4Gd4RhvM

Really good doc that was on BBC Four about the history of design. It's much more comprehensive than Objectified, and features everything from Le Corbusier to Dieter Rams.

I've posted the first part of each episode:

Episode 1 - Ghosts in the Machine

m8myhilfob0

Episode 2 - Designs for Living

vcqHUJ3DXVc

Episode 3 - Blueprints for War

fXIFn-HjQno

Episode 4 - Better Living Through Chemistry

RrHzcdTVrnM

This is a really good doc on modern day Savile Row tailors. It features various houses such as Norton & Sons and Dege & Skinner and the politics surrounding the arrival of Abercrombie and Fitch to the street.

Episode 1

WD9XVpaRcZU

Episode 2

rDErT2qoK40

Episode 3

wszUr59cuIk

Another tailoring doc, this time on Ozwald Boateng and his ideas on style and his slightly off-key approach to tailoring. It's not as interesting as the above Savile Row doc, but the ending with Giorgio Armani is quite touching and the Burial soundtrack is pretty cool.

Pt 1

q5hOVmFCt24

Pt 2

tS7KbkCplSc

Pt 3

uW0e0xl_TQ8

Pt 4

xQaR0L0zzcs

Pt 5

QwJ4oL3R3zA

pt 6

3Ry_poBIw90