Year 12 Formal

Daeregaol

Hey, I'm not sure if this question fits into the superfashion department, but I wanted to get some suggestions for what to wear to my year 12 formal (I think it's the Australian equivalent to the senior prom). The formal is at the end of June, so it's still a while off, but since I've got by first term break now, I wanted to get everything sorted.

I hope I'm not rambling on too much, so here's some information that you may or mayn't need to take into consideration; I'm Asian, 5'9", bony build, narrow shoulders and I'm not sure what my hair will be like come the formal.

I haven't really given much thought about what to wear as of yet, however I was thinking maybe a very dark navy blue velvet blazer with peaked lapel or something of the sort. Though that idea was last year, and I feel like I'm probably not as keen on the idea any more.

Wow, I'm really sorry for the long thread, though for some reason I doubt many people will respond, but if you are an exception to this rule - thanks!

Will.

Just do black tux man and don't worry about it too much. Get a cheap one from Topman online and have whatever alterations are necessary done. I did this last year spent under $300 including the shirt and everybody was guessing I spent thousands. Granted the shoes I bought were down $400 to something like $70 but the lesson is anything mere-decent in the eyes of a sufu-er will look killer compared to the average Australian high school student.

Just don't forget: pocket square, tie your own bow tie and make sure your shirt collar looks good. Wear some nicely coloured socks if you desparately wanna make it more interesting (I wanna find this pic of polio wearing pink socks and black tux but I'm not on the right computer).

edit: yeaaaah

Fw53ql.jpg

• 2 weeks later...