Levis Kaihara matchstick selvedge

gazzer55

I just picked up a pair of these jeans and i am pretty impressed. I wan't going too since they are prewashed, not dry, and was going to get a pair of n&f weird guys but these jeans are a nice change and they looked amazing. The cut is perfect fit for my body type, had to size up 1 though. Does anyone else have these jeans? They are prewashed so does this mean if I wear them without washing they wont get combs etc? Will they stay the same consistent shade forever? I dont plan on washing these jeans very often and will only do cold tub soaks when I have to. Is it necessary to do a prewash or soak when I first get them or should I just wait a few months before doing anything. Also are these a good quality denim from Kaihara I wasnt sure what to think since their levis?

fades/combs come from wearing the denim, regardless of one-wash vs. STF fabric. Unless they're resin coated, they will not keep the same dark shade forever. They will gradually fade over time. Its not absolutely necessary to soak them if they've already been soaked(washed) as most of the shrinkage has already been taken care of for you. Don't know anything about this Levi model or the quality of the denim.

Also, for future reference, these questions can go in the Small Questions thread at the top of the page.