opinions on distressing job on jeans

so i got bored one day this weekend, and took some sandpaper to my jeans. i think it turned out pretty good.

front:163449.jpg

close up:163450.jpg

back:163452.jpg

honeycombs:163453.jpg

patch:163454.jpg

heres what they look like on:

163469.jpg

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on May 22, 2006 at 12:53 PM

yeah... with the honeycombs i can see that. on the front i followed the creases exactly, and all the wear marks still line up with the creasing even after i washed them. had to wash becaus eof a run in with baby shit, so i figured id try something different

theyre just jeans after all..

If you've lost your faith in superfuture, Oh the end won't be long

Because if it's gone for you then I too may lose it, And that would be wrong

I've tried so hard to keep myself from falling

Back into my bad old ways

And it chars my heart to always hear you calling

Calling for the good old days

Because there were no good old days

These are the good old days

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on May 22, 2006 at 09:05 AM

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on May 22, 2006 at 09:07 AM

I'm not too sure how heavily you had them starched beforehand but you can still salvage what you've done to them. Just use different grades of sandpaper, seeing as how you've already got some prominent whiskers in there, try and use a softer grade. I would start by getting some vertical fading in on the thighs, hamstrings, and seat. Also if you want to get some whiskers that have a little more character, try sanding in a cross-legged position, or maybe a lunge position. And as long as you're going to wash them again, you might as well throw some dirt on there and rub it in.

I would tell you to fade using a bleach solution, if i had ever done that myself, but I hear a 10-20% concentration makes sanding go a lot smoother. If you try it, just don't go overboard.

Also with fading and whiskering, you are obviously going to get a little distress hear and there, but it's your call.

Looks like some marks on my new (raw) Edwins after I assembled truck and wheels on my skate, which was on my lap... icon_smile_sad.gif

I guess that I'm not going to do it with few days old raw denim jeans on anymore!

If I'm free it's because I'm always running...

• 4 weeks later...

yep. i just got another pair for 25 yesterday. they are a much baggier fit than those, but nice none the less. the denim is really beautiful, japanese selvage, and really nice detalis like black bartacks, v-stitch, selvage coin pocket, etc...

shit...

CMF -

dude I need to come and look in these Florida thrift shops!

If you ever come across a Wrangler Blue Bell 36x 36 in decent condition, let me know !!

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm

just generally sanded the lap and thighs and seat. skated in them about 5 times, which did as much to improve the look as anything. there is something to be said about getting your jeans dripping with sweat, they just look better after. also have washed them 3 or 4 times to even out the overall color.

shit...

sneakeraddict-

latest pickup was from burlington coat factory... both pairs of my rrl are from the same store. they have 1 pair of the authentics, the ones in this thread, one wash, left in 30w 31l.

id recomend rrl jeans to anyone, they are really wonderful. a joy to wear.

as for the bluebells, ive never seen any, but i know the owner of the vintage shop in my neighborhood, so i can ask her if she has any in her warehouse.

shit...

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Jun 16, 2006 at 07:26 AM

Yeah please do. If you got my size, I will defo take 'em. (provided they arent bell bottoms etc ha ha)

Forgive my ignorance but have seen many American SFers talk about RRL jeans..... what are they?

Ralph Lauren or something?

Please click my website for some cool stuff for sale

Various brand new Edwins and new footwear UK 11 / US 12. Updated regularly.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/j-edwards/superfuture.htm