Black Swan (spoilers)

samsikle

i loved the character development, it was a very smooth transition from fragile little girl to resentful young adult. the symbolism was nice, the camera work was brilliant.

the thing i didn't like was *spoiler* the way she didn't notice she stabbed herself in the end. i don't believe she could have been so caught up in the final performance that she didn't (nor anyone else) manage to notice she had a shard of glass stuck in her abdomen. that part was stupid to me. especially since she had a white dress on, and the blood just happen to exsanguinate right after all was done.

other than that, i give it an 8.5/10. would watch again.

I don't think it tries to be deep. It is more of a character study than anything. A film about the descent into madness of a dancer. It's about the experience and story behind the main character rather than having some over-arching deep hidden message. I mean, the biggest relationship I could see was the obvious relationship between the dancer's life and how it was essentially the same as the story of Swan Lake.

i understand why people would like this movie but i thought it was just meh. Definitely not as deep as it tries to be

I don't think it was trying to be deep. I think all the themes were accessible to pretty much anyone.

Unlike you though, I don't think this is a negative aspect of the film - in fact, I think due to how well crafted the movie was, the filmmakers were able to effectively get the meaning across that they intended. But hey, to each his own.

I'm sorry for giggling when Natalie started masturbating. I'm sorry for giggling throughout the movie Sam.

HAHAHA. fucking giggle fest. ruining my movie experience. (just kidding the vodka and caplico did).

i saw this movie twice. it still freaked me out the second time. i'm too buzzed to post anything thoughtful at the moment.

^^^

that part was OD

What I really appreciated about the film was how uncomfortable and scared it made me throughout

*spoiler*I gotta say the realization of the glass in her stomach leading to the tears in the mirror was pretty intense:(

I gotta chill out for a while before I can watch it again, the only thing I coulda done without was the dry heaving and puking. It seemed pretty unnecessary considered how she was already buggin super hard

also did anyone catch the lil requiem for a dream reference in the beginning as she was on the grapefruit and egg diet for breakfast?

black swan was sick! definitely a visceral viewing experience- had me anxiously dreading each consecutive gut-wrenching shot/sequence. film continues to re-inforce natalie portman's status as a stone cold fox. definitely happy to have been able to catch it in theaters!

I don't think it tries to be deep. It is more of a character study than anything. A film about the descent into madness of a dancer. It's about the experience and story behind the main character rather than having some over-arching deep hidden message. I mean, the biggest relationship I could see was the obvious relationship between the dancer's life and how it was essentially the same as the story of Swan Lake.

Couldn't have said it better myself. The use of black and white (and grey) to signal Nina's progression from innocence to darkness throughout the film was also very cool.

Also I liked how the camera was focused on Nina throughout the whole film. That made Black Swan a much stronger character study for me.

Also the fact that Nina's life reflected the actual story of Swan Lake was very cool IMO. Reminded me of a Dostoevsky novel.