Nobody vs. Imperial

derdankhund

Guest Airjamie

Does anyone know if mjolk will deal directly to customers and ship like imperial does? If not are their any stockists in austrailia that would be willing to send stuff to the US? Those clothes are insanely good looking, esp. the shoes.

I punch my bitch to Godflesh.

hey guys

with regards to the tsubi raw you'll have to wait till i get a camera to do the pics coz my camera phone is shite! but just to let you know they are NOT that good since tsubi did that whole trashy thing and there are some patches of discolouration and distressing...i wished they just left it plain raw....i'm gonna soak them to try and shrink them first since they are a HUGE size 30 if you ask me

as for the acne jeans well a friend of mine bought a pair and they look absolutely hot on him and he said he paid about $140 pounds for them so im guessing that's more than $270 hence why i thought they were cheap but maybe i'm getting the conversion rate wrong....

as for d.inc yeah they were shite and so were the staff...the only reason why i popped into there was they carried some evisu's but were priced at $750 for normal ones..i picked myself up some evisu vintage cut raw selvage for $365....

when i have some time i'm gonna go to bobby's cuts and check out the cheap mondays...i have fat thighs so hopefully they will fit me okay...but if people are into skinny jeans i bought a pair of tsubi's dee dee ruff rocker in black which don't fit too bad and because it's overdyed black it hasnt' got all that trashy ripped shite on it...also i bought a pair of wrangler cigarette leg black jeans which fit fantastic so if you're not a total brandwhore i highly recommend the wranglers which were only $120

if anyone manages to find some lvc's please let me know....the next pair of jeans im thinking of getting will either be APCs, nudies (i know overrated but i like them), julian red's (the cut looks amazing) or hopefully acne's but the trouble with raw denim is that you have to work them in and at the moment i have 3 pairs of raw denim so i don't know how i will manage to work them all in...i might leave a pair just plain raw and work the other two in

ciao!

don't judge me by my jeans...

Nobody are cool - nice washes (I think they started life as an industrial wash house - doing finishes for Tsubi!). The women's fit great as do the guys - pretty slim & straight. I bought a pair of the raw selvedge at FactoryPeople in Austin and have been wearing the shit out of 'em... FYI the raw pair are LONG - 36" inseam that comes cuffed and definitly size down (I'm a 32" and got the 31"s).

hmmmm. i knew it was too good to be true acne jeans for $270...dammit wish i had the time to get in early and grab a pair before they bumped up the price..but its BS for them to jack up the price so suddenly...

must go and check out lvc's at dakota since last time i was there i didn't see any at all...

and just some food for thought i will never ever buy a pair of tsubi jeans again...the raw ones i bought i soaked in warm water then dried them in the dryer and guess what? the legs have slimmed out to look great but the F***in' waist is still huge and looks to have gotten bigger....also the length didn't shrink that much..basically they are shite jeans if you ask me...i have tried to rescue them by soaking them again but i doubt the waist will shrink anymore...im normally a size 30 but these jeans are like a size 34...

are there any other labels that people would recommend for raw denim besides the usual apc, nudies, julian reds, cheap monday (and of course all the other unattainable japanese denim like 5EP)

wish i was in the states because everything over there seems really cheap and they always seem to have sales...

don't judge me by my jeans...

I would say Imperial does a better quality product than APC or Acne any day. Both APC and Acne are relatively average in terms of quality. In terms of construction and denim alone I would place Imperial more along the lines of a company like Rag & Bone, slightly above say a Nudie or Jean Shop.

• 2 years later...

i've seen Aika's in chiodo down here in melbourne... they do have a range of denim... the last pair i tried on was super slubby but i cant recall if they were selvage or even raw... crazy price tag tough...

if not for the shitty aussie dollar continue to shop from japan or the states...

• 1 year later...