Levis e 501 that look like E

Serge d Nimes

This is a horrible thing to say, but they look like fatman pants-carrot bottoms, you can just see the big thighs and paunch. But I respect the observations. There is something about that washed out pale blue in levi's that really depresses me.

I have that same pair Serge. single stitch, number 6 and small e. I was told they are pretty much the first pairs that were made after they dropped the big E. Mine, although I hate to say it, were not washed nearly as much as yours and came with some really nice wear. I paid quite a bit more than you did though. I love them, they fit good and they are very comfortable, kinda like the Skippers jeans on Gilligan. Saggy ass and pegged legs from the knee down. I wear the hell out of them if I were you.

Do your #6 SS redlines have this much yellow stitching? I have had 2 other pairs (that were small e) and they didn't have any. I won't wear these, they are way too big. They are like a 38" waist and I wear a 32 -33. I have some Big Es that fit me perfectly anyways. I probably won't flip these yet either. I have sold most of my repro jens and I am holding onto all of my vintage ones.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

Yeah, they do have it in the same places as yours, I really think they are almost identical in origin. I wear a 36 waist and mine are even the same size as your apparently because they are too big. I wear them anyway because they are the most comfortable pair I have, next to some old full selvage buckaroos that are left hand. Softest denim I have ever worn.