edwin 503 blue trip

jubei

i tryed them on a couple weeks ago. the color is awesome, the fit pretty good (although it might be a bit baggy for some). the reason why i didn't buy them was because they're not selvedge. in the japanese edwin line, only the 505 are selvadge and they don't have a one wash model which i think is pretty stupid. if you like the wash thought, the jeans are really cheap.

Quote:

does anyone have pics of raw edwins after they've been washed. i searched before and i think i saw only two. i'm about two months on my nashvilles and im curious to see how they'll look in like 6 months.

--- Original message by will_i_am on Apr 25, 2006 11:04 PM

I am in the same position, so I would like to know too, if there are any 'advanced' Edwin Nashville wearers out there!

I've only got pics of my ed-47s, which are more greycast... I can put them up later if you'd like. I'm also working on a pair of 505 sxr which I picked up pretty cheap (like 70 bucks) they're raw and selvedge, but they're a bit big...hoping they're going to shrink after the first wash.

• 3 weeks later...

so i was looking for more info on edwin because i wanted to get another pair, stumbled across this place.

i bought these when i was in japan in january. snapped a few pics for you its the 503 blue trip with a funky wash.

503_1.jpg

503_2.jpg

503_3.jpg

503_4.jpg

theyve probably been washed 25 times and look about the same as when i got them....

those look great, but im from the US and have always been sceptical about ebay.de and others mostly because my german isnt good enough to hold a conversation. but good finds!! im a personal fan od edwin because its not available in the states so no one else has it, round here its true religion and diesel as far as the eye can see :(

Guest peterpaul

hey quid, these edwins are mine i posted them on ebay.de, if you want them just pm me....in german or english or french or turkish or arabic even in greek...i am multilingual dude!

• 2 months later...

I got my cousin a pair of the bootcut, 503, last month in tokyo, so they are not selvedge but the color is good. I dont think hes worn them yet cause he seems more into the distressed over the one wash look but he will learn. They were like 95 dollars so it wasnt too bad

That's hot!....

I have a nashville as well....infact my problems is it stretch sosoo much. and I didnt notice it 1 inch bigger on the waist when i bought it off ebay. So what can i do? COLD SOAK or Jump into my salt pool have a swim.!

no, blake is a denim vet. I was in there last week and the customer service is phenomenal. I haev prolly been going in there for about a year but i have never really purchased anything but this last time i went in and right away he said he had some new items that i would be interested in. With my attention he walked over to the wall and grabs two selvedge strongholds, the dry edwins and some Lee 101z's. I just about shit myself, I couldnt beleive he knew exactly what I was interested in without me saying anything. He then went on to tell me that they are still waiting on their Nudie stuff and that he will be picking up RRL after it launches again. Oh and Cheap monday...anyways...

If he could stock more dry/selvedge denim in his store, he would trust me. Its the customers that shop there that are not really into it, not him. After talking to this guy for five minutes i knew he was down for denim.

Oh he lurks too, so dont think he doesnt know about ST.

I want to introduce myself. My name is blake and I have a denim store in Portland, Or. I am a longtime lurker. I have enjoyed spending stupid amounts of time on this site. It is the perfect place for a denim geek. I have not posted before now because I am on this site for pleasure and not to promote my store or sell a bunch of stuff. That being said, I was conviced recently by one of my customers that I should stop lurking and start posting. (thanks kixslf). You can see all my brands by going to www.loveblake.com. do not ask about the web address, it is an inside joke.... anyway here are some quick facts about me and the store.

1) I decided to open the store after I flew to NYC to go to the levi's store for a viewing of the "nevada" jean. I decided at that point i was insane and needed my own denim store. I currently own one of 500 repos that were created. they are still in the box.

2) I am a denim freek. I like to have brands that are very limited and also try hard to be one of the first stores in the country to get new brands. when they blow up, i get really bored.

3) I currently have denim from 42 different brands coming into the store for fall.

4) Some brands of note that we have or are getting....LVC, Cheap Mondays (just got the first shot yesterday) Nudie, Stronghold, PRPS, Tsubi, Edwin, Rag and Bone, Replay, RRL(the first time they are selling stores in years and they are only going to sell 10 shops) chimala (a couple who worked at 45RPM for over 10 years are developing this line, Kicking Mule, Evisu.

5) I carry a lot of mainstream stuff because I have to. Portland is a weird mix of a lot of people who get it (kixslf) and a lot of people who do not. I have to do a lot of mainstream stuff so I can keep doing the stuff I love. More and more I am changing the mix to include limited denim and or the best of what is out there.

6) I hope i am not coming off as bragging or cocky. I love what i do, and am very proud of my store and get really excited about denim.

I want to thank kixslf for all the cool things he said about me and my store. I am glad to have customers like him.

lastly, I do have Edwins in the shop right now. I have the Win blue trip in the tint wash (the one shown in the pics at the beginning of the thread. I also have the win by rinse (the one kixslf bought) and the ran 146 (one of my personal favs) I will ship and you can call or e-mail me.

oh yeah, I just got four pairs of the 1906 bunkhouse 501 from levis. Only 200 pair were made. I got 2 32's and 2 34's

thanks for letting me lurk and now post. I am off to miami tomorrow for another trade show, but will keep in contact. If you are in town come by and check out the goods and my secret stashes.......thanks, blake