Denim / Rogan Guru's help a brother out

zebz

Ive been reading up on Rogan Jeans, here on these forms. It seems every one that has a pair is pleased.

As for Rogan Jeans, are you paying for the name? or are they quality? Meaning well worth the $210+ price tag.

Im eyeing these two particular styles. The Narrow Jean and Rogan Orginal Jeans

Ive only purchased two designer jeans in the past year. They are

1. Evisu, can't remember the particular style name. Along the pant leg it read "Before anyone did any thing Evisu did everything" Sold that off, wasn't to pleased with it.

2. Staple No.2 Jeans. Im pretty sure it was made some where in China, love the design, but not as rugged... The leather belt loop is tearing at the seems.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

As for Rogan Jeans, are you paying for the name? or are they quality? Meaning well worth the $210+ price tag.

Yes. Yes. Depends on your perspective.

To elaborate on those answers:

You always pay for the name on any branded goods, be it Levis or Rogan. For what it's worth, I think brand-value is worth paying for (although how much more is up to you).

Are they quality? - Yes, for sure. Very good fabrics, interesting construction and funky washes. The washes alone are high cost.

Worth $210+? That's up to you.

You can get similar looks for a cheaper price (but that's always the case with any high priced trendy brand) and you certainly can get high quality jeans at much lower prices - but if you like Rogan and can afford them, then get 'em. They're great jeans.

i personally am unable to wear denim very often (due to the mandatory business casual dress code), but i do love denim and must say that i am a very big fan of Rogan jeans. not everything they drop is great, but in general, the washes and fit of their Original jeans are really nice...i find that jeans are unique in that once you find the right pair with the right cut for you, you get hooked and never stray too far from the tree...so really, you'll have to try a pair on and see how feel...but in my opinion, Rogan is most def on point...

ringrings words of wisdom do 'ring' true,

however, from my personal experience i spotted some rogans about a year and a half ago having not heard of them and thought that if i could make denim rogans are what they would look like. then i did some research on them and discovered that the style was consistent with the designers history etc...(rogan gregory, levis red). despite that and my wifes discount at selfridges i refused to pay so much for a pair of jeans. over here in london they go for 180 uk plus, some of the washes 200 uk plus, with the exchange rate at 2 to 1 you work it out.

anyways, as i posted to ringring i found a second hand designer label shop selling them for a very reasonable price and were in new condition. i could not be happier, they are the original wash and cut and i still agree that if i could make a pair it would be very close to what rogan has done...just waiting for a selvedge version, then again prps' selvedge denim is very nice as well...next hunt.

the mind's eye glitters with thoughts and ideas for the masses/

i take classes/ to appease the classless/ perhaps its/

counter-revolutionary or counter intelligence/

to understand the situation or take command of the circumstance/

never mind what i say what's done is done/

and when i look down and grin and say it's been fun/

understand that #1 means no #2's i'm the best/

and i will choose to act out in front if you all to put you to the test/