New RRDS 30x32 measures more than 16" at the waist?

ayn

Hi all, a month ago I got a pair of RRDS in 31x32 from Kitchener, they got too big in a week so I sold them and bought another pair in 30x32. I just got the new pair today and if memory serves me right these 30x32 are looser at the waist than the 31x32 I had.

I measured them and they are almost 16" folded! Isn't that more like 32x32? I'm guessing maybe this pair had been mis-labelled. :( Is this normal with Nudie jeans?

Any idea? Here are some pics:

MG_3570.sized.jpg

MG_3571.sized.jpg

MG_3572.sized.jpg

MG_3573.sized.jpg

damn, no reply so far... :)

anyway, doesn't matter, I've decided to send them back, yet another pair in 29x32 coming my way.

Quote:

all brands except some japanese are sized bigger than tag size

--- Original message by horriblyjollyjinx on Apr 5, 2006 01:23 AM

but more than 2 sizes bigger? it's fine if they consistently sized big, but the 31x32 I had were smaller than these 30x32, so what gives? :)

Hopefully the 29x32 that I got coming in will fit, if not I'd be done with Nudies, 3 strikes! LOL!

Just measured my new 29/34 RRDS using the same method, and they measure 15.5 inches, so they do seem to run two inches bigger than stated size.

I got mine from Kitchener. Upon ordering, all you get is a confirmation e-mail (no dispatch notification or tracking number), but they arrived safe and sound two weeks later, which is all that really matters I suppose. Customs charge was £19.79 for the UK though.

Quote:

where are u located?

im interested in ordering from kitchener, how was the experience?

--- Original message by homi29 on Apr 5, 2006 02:56 AM

they're great, I talked to them on the phone twice and the lady was very helpful.

only catch is that they normally ship via Swiss Post and it takes 15 business days to get them, I'm in the U.S. This 3rd pair I indicated I wanted express shipping in the comments box and we'll see how long it takes... :)

Let me tell you about my experiences with sizing because it seems like you're in the situation I was in. I'd say I'm a 31" waist. Everyone told me to size down 2" if you want a nice fit (not a loose fit but snug fit) on the RRDS because they grow a lot. Well after 1 week of wear your 31" grew too big (probably would've happened to me). So the 29" seems a good idea right? Yes...BUT. If you're anything like me, the 29 will SEEM TOO SMALL when you first wear them. Seriously man, I could barely slip them on. And after they were on, it took 10 minutes to put no all the buttons with considerable huffing and puffing. I was almost convinced that they were too small (99.9%). The only reason I gave it a shot was because the endless warnings I got about size growth and the difficulty of returning the jeans to kitchener. Now that I've worn them for about a month, I can tell you that they are fit perfectly and have molded to my body. The first couple of days were ridiculous though. If your experience is anything like mine, then my advice is don't give up if it feels too tight at first. Run around the house a bit. Do some squats and pelvic thrusts. They will break!

that's not what happened to ayn. his 30s seem bigger than his 31s were. and believe me ayn knows about tight jeans and working them out. he got some APC NSs so tight they gave him bruises!

but still good to have the post for anyone not initiated with nudies and maybe thinking their pair are too tight (though they will become good).

thanks for the info, and the warning about being too small... I got APC new standard in 28 so I know all about jeans being too small, trust me. so it does sound like 29 is the right size, let's hope they can get me the 29x32 quickly this time...