skateboarding saved my life

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I didn't stop skating. I try every summer to get back into it but the winters here are long and wet and I've come to hate all the people who go to the indoor park since I fell out of the scene, so I can never keep at it over the winter. Not to mention everytime I get back on my board for a day I spend the next week popping advils and moaning in pain.

• 3 weeks later...

I skate, but where I live the streets are too full of pot holes or made out of dirt to actually skate a lot, and I live on a dirt road so I don't get a lot of practice. I really only use my board to get places faster, but I've been trying to practice manuals and other basic tricks.

Plus right now I've only got a nickel, I'm switching to a penny soon and plan on picking up a normal board. It's all just a matter of when I get the money.

I'm not on the penny right now cause I've gotta get trucks for it.

My first couple boards I made out of plywood and those were terrible.

I'll get there.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally saw the new Girl video... think I hated it. Stuck around for Marc Johnson's part, got a kick out of the celebrity cameos as per usual, but the skating just didn't do it for me. This newish "ledge dancing" shit isn't fun to watch at all... probably pretty fun to try though. So, I didn't like the new Girl video... does this seal the deal for me? Skateboarding left me behind?

I mean, I'll prolly try to watch it again but... never in my life have I seen a skate video for the first time and said, nope, didn't care for that.

Edited by blackfuture

late pass but i am finally getting around to the bones brigade doc

only 25 minutes left to the end

but it is seriously deep

had no idea rodney mullen was this tortured/philosophical figure

amazing

i'd been putting off watching it for some reason but it is so good

so much gravitas, i feel like herzog should be doing voice-overs

• 2 weeks later...

So yeah, I saw my neighbor's 10-year-old outside on a skateboard, and I was THAT DUDE who asks to borrow your board to try some ollies. I did terrible. Granted I was wearing Wallabees and the skateboard was made by Razor (or whatever). I managed a shove-it and some weak ollies, but I was panting afterwards. So embarrassing. Trucks were super-loose (like standing on a tightrope) so I tightened them up to a good carving tightness.

GEEEEZ

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I skated from the age of twelve until about 22, and found that i kept starting up again in little bursts because i feel depressed when i dont skate. I think its time for me to get another board , ventures and spitfire classics!

• 2 weeks later...