___ METAL SAVED MY LIFE!

hamburglar

not everyone on sufu listens to beirut and modest mouse. talk about music and share bands and music you like.

i resently discovered a band called dimmu borgir. well i didnt discover them resently, i saw a video on fuse and realized that they suck and are not black metal in anyway. but my friend was playing a song in the car and told me it was them but from their second album, its pretty melodic for black metal but its good.

theyr no mayhem but its good.

i resently discovered a band called dimmu borgir. well i didnt discover them resently, i saw a video on fuse and realized that they suck and are not black metal in anyway. but my friend was playing a song in the car and told me it was them but from their second album, its pretty melodic for black metal but its good.

theyr no mayhem but its good.

trash.gif

...and please don't tell me you just said demon burger is good..

I had to be the dude that says "their first album was better"...but dimmu borgir's first album is pretty awesome. I can't stand the rest.

When I'm not listening to slowdive, lately all I've been listening to is iron lung. Not very metal, but punishing regardless. The new lp, sexless//no sex is in my top 3 '07 releases.

For me it's a lot of Wolves in the Throne Room, Agalloch, and Summoning. Can't stand really raw black metal or any death metal/grindcore. It's mostly atmospheric, viking, and folk influenced BM bands (early Ulver, Falkenbach, Windir, etc) for me.

Portland's got a great bunch of BM bands. Leech, Agalloch, L'acephale, Oakhelm, etc etc.

irreversible is a really good ATL local doom sort of act. i also like converge a lot. zoroaster is good too. i guess the locals are more droney doom/stoner metal. fuck it

Converge was good until they released "You Fail Me". I haven't listened to the last album because I figure that they can't go anywhere but down now. "Jane Doe" was when they should have quit.

I can't comment on the other bands you mentioned.

I really like High on Fire and Sleep. Can't go wrong with those.

My faves in the black metal genre are Sigh, Immortal, and Ulver.

These days I mainly listen to Technical Death Metal like Anata, Athiest, and Martyr.

check out beneath the massacre

dachink ever hear of terror squad? japanese thrash

check out unholy grave

For me it's a lot of Wolves in the Throne Room, Agalloch, and Summoning. Can't stand really raw black metal or any death metal/grindcore. It's mostly atmospheric, viking, and folk influenced BM bands (early Ulver, Falkenbach, Windir, etc) for me.

Portland's got a great bunch of BM bands. Leech, Agalloch, L'acephale, Oakhelm, etc etc.

to me from ashes rise is one of the best bands from pdx. r.i.p.

what happened to the other metal threads.. like black metal saved my life.. or heavy metal saved my life..

now we're stuck with a thread titled trash.

but on a serious note when i was into black metal i liked burzum, immortal, darkthrone, just mostly the bigger names.. and for death metal i liked decrepit birth, suffocation, quo vadis.. metal lost me a while ago.

I've always liked immortal cz they weren't all satanic like everyone else and they have a sharper sounds then like dark throne. I listened to fuck of and die my dark throne. I just wasn't impressed.

you're listening to the wrong stuff.. listen to transyvlanian hunger. black metal is not about the production or sharper sounds its about the emotion and overall feel. darkthrone purposely recorded hunger on a four track to capture the "rawness" as stupid as that sounds.

^^I love hearing siq technique in death metal but I cnat listen to it for too long. Like necrophagist and dying fetus. Theyr super talented but I can't listen to more then 2 songs at a time. I think that the faceless and with passion (first album) pull it off without overdoing it