orange tab levis: best value jeans out there

cheapmuthafukr

seriously. i just picked up another pair of old orange tab 505 and they are great. the denim is nicer than almost anything ive ever seen, slubby ringring denim. the indigo fades beautifuly. leg twist is there. talon 42 zip is always a pleasure to use. all for 10$. and you can find these all the time at thrifts or ebay around that price.

denim is the new crack

really tho, all these motherfuckers just want the expensive shit, not some old cheapo levis. this is just for the non HYPEBEAST denim heads out thee that are more interested in quality than some fancy name on thier jeans. i mean theyre not 45 rpm, but they are better than almost any non japaneese co.

denim is the new crack

ive got a couple of pairs from the mid to late 70s... there are some from the 80s and 90s, but you can tell the difference. look for a talon 42 or scovill zip and youre in.

denim is the new crack

Edited by cheapmuthafukr on Mar 23, 2006 at 10:02 AM

most of my levis are vintage orange tab 517 or 505's. toughest jeans i've owned. some of them are 20+ years old with a perfect crotch and are still tough as hell.

here are some orange tab levis made with the 0217 denim.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/2011/10014208vr.jpg

i'm not a mod or a rocker. i'm a mocker.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Mar 23, 2006 at 02:15 PM

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Mar 23, 2006 at 02:16 PM

Guest Fade to Black

Gorgeous jeans, BumbaClot...I've been on a bit of a vintage Levi's kick lately, love just browsin around ebay seein the different hige on all those jeans.

I looooves me some vintage Orange Tabs...until recently thats all i got by on....but the lvc 2005 ones arent too shabby either..i think its called the "Jack" model...i think i might pick up a pair....

i get mine off ebay...usually at an incredible price

Edited by Whodinihimself on Apr 27, 2006 at 07:16 AM

Somewhat unrelated but... I got a pair of 517's off Ebay recently. I'm not sure if they were originally orange tag though, they didn't have a tag. I love the color of the indigo, or whats left of it anway. They have some pretty nice looking honeycombs and hige. I'm gonna find out exactly when there from and wear the shit out of them to try to get similar results.

honey, you're my religion

Even though you haven't yet expanded

To include a heaven after

Even though I have demanded it

Quote:

I had a pair of orange tab's back when I used to skateboard.. they are definitely tough and worth the money if you don't really care about the cut and shit.

--- Original message by Konfucius on Mar 24, 2006 01:01 AM

couldnt you just get them tailored if the fit is a bit off?

Its easy and cheap to get them tailored if you want them taken in (tighter)....but its a whole other story if you need them to be loosened up....it can be done by a good tailor but itll cost you. The waistband is relatively easy to expand tho...they usually just insert a triangle shaped piece of denim in the back of the waistband to give it extra slack....ive had it done a few times for like 15 bucks...and it was almost undetectable.

• 4 weeks later...
too bad they are hemmed to 29, the 34 wouldve worked perfect for me

simplicity we use to survive, do what you doing properly, thats the way thru life