Stuff for tall guys

borkborkbork

Hi guys,

I was hoping that you might be able to suggest some options. I'm looking for shirts.

I am pretty tall (just over 6'2"), with a slim neck (15.5), long sleeves (~35) and pretty narrow shoulders.

Dress shirts are generally okay, since I know a few places to get slim cut shirts with 15.5x35-36.

But when it comes to heavy flannel shirts, it's tough. I'd love to blow absurd amounts of money on a really good quality flannel shirt (Iron Heart, see pic below, or Woolrich Woolen Mills or Denham Grain, or whatever). I want something thick, heavy, good quality.

I'm willing to pay for quality. But the problem is that I can't find anyone that sells heavy flannel shirts in Medium-Tall or different neck/sleeve combos.

IHSH-20%20GREY.jpg

Can anyone suggest where I could get one? Or is there anyone who does custom flannel shirts?

And more broadly, where do tall dudes around here do their shopping?

This belongs in the small Questions thread.

Hi guys,

I was hoping that you might be able to suggest some options. I'm looking for shirts.

I am pretty tall (just over 6'2"), with a slim neck (15.5), long sleeves (~35) and pretty narrow shoulders.

Dress shirts are generally okay, since I know a few places to get slim cut shirts with 15.5x35-36.

But when it comes to heavy flannel shirts, it's tough. I'd love to blow absurd amounts of money on a really good quality flannel shirt (Iron Heart, see pic below, or Woolrich Woolen Mills or Denham Grain, or whatever). I want something thick, heavy, good quality.

I'm willing to pay for quality. But the problem is that I can't find anyone that sells heavy flannel shirts in Medium-Tall or different neck/sleeve combos.

IHSH-20%20GREY.jpg

Can anyone suggest where I could get one? Or is there anyone who does custom flannel shirts?

And more broadly, where do tall dudes around here do their shopping?

This belongs in the small Questions thread.

Sorry, any way to move this? I searched and couldn't find any threads about sources for tall-sized shirts? I thought it was a bit of a bigger thing than a small question.

And as for moving it to another forum, it struck me that the superdenim folks seem to be more attuned to really good quality americana and workwear.

Sorry, I'm a) new and B) slightly retarded. Feel free to move it if need be :)

And yeah, Sixsixtie, tell me about it. I kind of want to stop wasting my money buying lots of slightly ill fitting shirts. I.e., the same joy I felt when I found BIG and realized there are places to get jeans with super long inseams. (OMG CUFFING YAY!)

Oh last thing - has anyone found any vintage Pendleton, Woolrich WM, etc. in med-tall / med-long sizes? If so FIT PICS PLOX I've been searching, but unsuccessfully.

Update, for those interested. I've been Googling away.

http://bigbill.com/CANADA/pages/121.html

No specific size details, but they seem to have M-tall in a heavy-ish (9oz) flannel, bar tacking at stress points, made in USA.

Seems pretty reasonable. I'm going to go see if I can try one on. I'll post pics if I can find one locally.

Pics from Rakuten:

121_2.jpg

121-384_t.jpg

I dunno, I kinda think that "stuff for tall guys" deserves its own thread. Maybe I'm biased because I'm 6'3" :)

The worse part is always tops. All the denim jackets are like max length 30" or something which means if I wear them and raise my arms up the fucking hemline comes almost up to my solar plexus. It's embarrassing. Which is why I don't own any repro/traditional jackets.

6'3" buddy whatup.

I agree, it would be good to have a thread where we can laugh at everyone who hems their jeans down below 34".

You must be at least this tall to post in this thread.

... and who rage when the 'standard' 34" inseam actually measures like, 33".

... and who unwillingly sag the fit of jeans to get a little more length

*weep*

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE my big bill finally arrived after an extended stay with the good folks at UPS (grumble).

It's awesome. The sizing after giving it a nice hot bath to get the shrinking out is spot on. Perfect length, great sleeves, great cloth, all in all an amazing deal for $50. I got it in blue buffalo plaid - I'm now thinking of getting the green as well.