FS: Studio d'Artisan SD-103 size 34

asfberg

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

How big was the waist right out of the wash? I'm kinda curious because I thought minya said his 34 shrunk down to a 32, and from what I remember, he and I usually go for the same sizes.

--- Original message by PG2G on Mar 14, 2006 04:10 PM

good question but i have no idea

they were much tighter at first (so 32-33 is possible) but the waist stretched back pretty easily

important thing is they're 34 now

maybe if i was a 33 waist they'd be under 34 now but we'll never know ...

Quote:

This is a fucking amazing price. These jeans are incredible. The denim has to be seen to be believed.

My size 34 were totally raw when I got them, and I put them in the washing machine on warm immediately after I got them, and they shrunk to 32" in teh waist. They're 34" now.

--- Original message by minya on Mar 14, 2006 04:28 PM

thanks for the words minya

i don't want to sell them as i really like them (and i get compliments on them) but i know if i feel they're not right i won't wear them, so they should go to someone with shorter legs ... in hindsight i should never have rinsed them but there's no way i could have known. a 35" inseam usually is enough for me but somehow with the rise on these they come up shorter on me, more like 33" (even though they really are 35". really. i measured them twice.)

also i saw them in sunlight today and there is some fading/contrast starting, mostly around the front pockets (can be seen in the pics above but is more noticeable in bright daylight). still they're pretty dark and stiff.

Quote:

yeah, I was just figuring that if they were gonna shrink down to a 32, I could always just shrink them when I got them...

--- Original message by PG2G on Mar 14, 2006 04:37 PM

if you're a 32 waist i'd get 32's

if you get larger they'll shrink but wil fit baggier in general and will stretch out to some extent

again, these are neither too tight or too loose for me

i'm a 34 waist, these are tagged 34, they measure 34" after shrinkage and a subsequent wearing, and fit properly in the waist

the only problem i have is the inseam length is too short for me and there's nought to do about that

Quote:

yeah, I was just figuring that if they were gonna shrink down to a 32, I could always just shrink them when I got them...

--- Original message by PG2G on Mar 14, 2006 04:37 PM

but for the price you can't go too far wrong

one hot wash and a dryer and they'll be much smaller, i only rinsed in tepid water

but really if you're a real 32 waist and you're slim you should get 32's (the legs on these are pretty slim so if you have strong legs it may be an idea to go a size up)