high neck hoodies

dystaind

i know there's a billion hoodie forums, but i'm still lookin for some sorta high neck hoodie--

examples i guess would be:

lululemon's female scuba hoodie (or even their 'jet jacket')

117.jpg

306.jpg

addict method zip hoodie

detail3_popup.jpg

urban?

p180835f.jpg

now comes the hard part. lookin for a fairly heavy hoodie, with a slim fit. the addict one is pretty heavy, but they fit big (small is 40 in. around?). the lululemon one is a nice lady fit, but i guess i have a bit of a stigma vs. the brand and all the little girls wearing it. and urban-- well it's unbranded, and it's not that i'm a brandname whore-- but if i'm paying $40 i want it to be decent quality-- not to fall apart-- i don't know the fit + i don't know how heavy/warm it is.

sorry for so much quips, if i'm paying $60+ for a hoodie, i want some quality behind it all.

show me what's around.

thanks, and sorry for bothering with such a repeated topic.

Edited by dystaind on Mar 4, 2006 at 01:48 AM

Hoodies by 6876 are often like this, and the quality is great. Just make sure to size down. The Mats Acne hoodie is full zip and can be worn high. Griffin also has similar hoodies, but I'm not sure whether it had anything like this, this or last season. Note that all these carry with them designer ($150+)

i bought 2 high neck hoodies from urbn... green and purple, the material sux, the fit kinda sux, the zipper is really shitty...i think they retail for 40 bux but they were on sale for 5 bux each so i bought them..

Quote:

shit, those dunderdon's are wonderous.

except zoovillage.com doesn't ship to the US? :(

any other places i could get'em from?

--- Original message by dystaind on Mar 5, 2006 02:05 AM

theres a dunderdon store in new york.

figured i'd bump one more time before i let this thread and request die.

if anyone in the NYC area is willing to pick me up a small dunderdon hoodie, i'd pretty much love you forever and be more than happy to reimburse you for your troubles etc.

lookin for that midnight olive color in the small emblem S18 hoodie although 'deep mint' and the blue look good too.

anyway, sorry to bother-- thanks for your time.

Edited by dystaind on Mar 6, 2006 at 09:27 PM

Quote:

http://www.caliroots.se/system/search/product.asp?id=4004

This MHI colabo is very slick check it out.

Sneakerstar

--- Original message by sneakerstar on Mar 7, 2006 10:50 AM

The design seems really nice, a lot nicer than a lot of MHI stuff I've seen recently, and I imagine that the quality is as decent as lots of MHI stuff. The graphic though, and the MHI = eriff under it is just lame. I like the MHI camo with a graphic, but that graphic just looks like the guy photoshopped something. Now, if MHI did a collab with Kenzo Minami, now that, that I would buy...

^ Wow, I'm older and sophisticated? Don't tell that to the guys at the Ask Andy Forums icon_smile_wink.gif

For the record, I think that MHI is a decent diffusion line. The graphic on that particular hoodie is not, imo, particularly well designed though. Conversely, the design of the hoodie itself, looks like a nice twist on something some of us have too many of (well over a dozen, with about 6 in rotation). I like to think that I can appreciate the merits of a design regardless of my personal tastes...

my friend got a small label one at some store in chicago. i will ask him what it was, but maybe someone in here could chime in.

it was grey and had a high zip, chest pockets, lower pockets - both with zips with leather pull tabs. it was all very nicely constructed out of HEAVY sweats material.

Quote:

it was One True Saxon... don't know too much about them, but the hoodie was really nice

Edited by mlproject on Mar 9, 2006 at 11:37 AM

--- Original message by mlproject on Mar 9, 2006 11:18 AM

One True Saxon - British label by 2 ex-Paul-Smith designers. I've heard wierd things about their socio-cutural associations in UK culture, but here in the States, they are not particularly well known. The quality is definitely there. Sizing, imhe, runs a little large, so size down. Decent denim too.