Spruce Tiger Fleece Pea Coat

Ditto Orange pekoes request with a grey medium slim fit Spruce tiger fleece Hoodie, with a grey hood. I simply don't have the time to go scour london if I thought there where some left, so it doesn't matter where you are, I'll pay the shipping ... closer to the UK the better though ... cheers.

Quote: sybaritical, are you a small guy?

Haha! I prefer " wirily athletic" and "toned" to, umm, "small". 5' 7"ish and 150.

I tried a Medium slim fit on in Selfridges London earlier this week and it was great but the colour was rotten - a kind of stonewashed bleached out red? ugh. They had grey with contrasting white hoods in Medium classic as well, but they didn't get me hot either.

Guest Montreal

If this is the pea coat I'm thinking of, it's seriously HIDEOUS. The collar is rediculously large and looks stupid 'popped' and looks more stupid down. I had a chance to buy the coat for $90 and I passed.

Quote:

They had it on the steven alan site last week ...but its no longer there. It was really expensive too ...like 280 usd or something like that...... ...for a cotton pea coat..thats pretty nuts

--- Original message by RAYOK on Mar 5, 2006 12:27 AM

Uncle Otis had the jacket, in several sizes, and in the dark blue colour, for something like $265 Cdn, and I think 20% off that, probably more now. You could phone them and ask if they still have it...

Quote:
Quote: sybaritical, are you a small guy?

Haha! I prefer " wirily athletic" and "toned" to, umm, "small". 5' 7"ish and 150.

I tried a Medium slim fit on in Selfridges London earlier this week and it was great but the colour was rotten - a kind of stonewashed bleached out red? ugh. They had grey with contrasting white hoods in Medium classic as well, but they didn't get me hot either.

--- Original message by sybaritical on Mar 4, 2006 02:08 PM

yah, the only spruce hoodies i've seen have had that weird bleached out look. well-made stuff but until i find a plain one i'm sticking with AA thermals.

I've never owned any AA, but does anyone have comparisons between their thermal lined hoodie [url=" http://www.americanapparelstore.com/5452.html#"] <a href="http://www.americanapparelstore.com/5452.html#" target="_blank">http://www.americanapparelstore.com/5452.html#</a> and the equivalent Spruce? In terms of kudos/credibility I know there's no comparison, but what about fit/durability?

Totally different.

I own both.

Spruce hoodies are made of very, very, VERY heavy cotton (except the marbled pullovers from last season which were lighterweight), and are very stiff (sort of like.. well.. dry denim). Spruce hoodies also have tapered arms and tight wrist cuffs.

The AA hoodies are soft and flimsy. Good for layering. Arms are straighter and baggier.

The stitching and construction on the Spruce hoodies is far, far, far better than on the AA hoodies.

Quote:

I'm not gonna get a coat am i? Ahh well.

--- Original message by Orange Pekoe on Mar 7, 2006 08:36 PM

You do get coat arms with Spruce fleece coats (Duffles and Peacoats), but not in the hoodies.

In Wings & Horns you get coat arms on some Hoodies, but not on others, depending on the style. Also, I believe most of the arms on the non-coat hoodies are shaped somewhat, and they're usually gusseted, allowing for extra movement without weird bunching and pulling.

*** Edit

Man. I must have been tired or something. For some reason, I read: "I'm not going to get coat arms, am I?"

Edited by Kane on Mar 8, 2006 at 09:55 PM