Sign in to follow this  
kidaradio

Gaming Headsets

i had a steelseries one for a while. Loved it and then my dog chewed the wires. i have a couple friends who swear by their icemat siberias.

i also had a pair of plantronics audio .90s before they switched to square earpads. they sounded decent and all but my ears aren't squares so they hurt after 20minutes of wearing them.

for now, i just use a pair of grados and a random mic.

I have Turtle Beach HPA2's. Really good headset. Good quality. only things that bug me are that the wires get tangled super easy, and after long periods of play (6+ hours) my ears hurt. I doubt anyone plays 6+ hours at a time like me though.

What games you play? ex-main source player here.

thanks guys. i heard of the turtles but never heard of the siberias.

@ evidence: i play call of duty 4 (and come tuesday i will be playing modern warfare 2)

i heard good things about the tritton axpro but not trying to pay $179+ for em. but if they are as good as everyone says them i might. has anyone had any experience w/ them?

turtle beach doesn't let down, they have a great range of products/prices too. i don't have a pair for pc, but their X31's for 360 are great. (using them for mw2)

I'm using akg 271 studios with a decent headphone amp and a zalman clip mic and it works awesome. in my opinion it works much better than any turtle beach or astro headset. you could always try out some sennheiser pc 360's or 350's but i never have so i can't give a knowledgeable opinion on those. i've just heard great things.

trittons are great if youre in that price range. astros are best. any lower in price and you should just buy headphones and mic seperate.

Edited by scud7171

I would have to go with what others have mentioned, and just stick with Turtle beach. They're consistently on the ball with their latest products and have high quality output.

Wouldn't sennheiser's only be good just for the audio aspect? If he plays fps, I would assume he needs a mic to go with it..

buy a 10 external mic, i use to play competitive cs1.6 n sennheiser were the best, i could hear shit so well