Analog Synths/Musicians in Tokyo

Hey does anyone know any stores or people in Tokyo who sell, own , or are into (or know someone is into) vintage analogue synths, Ive been looking all over but am having trouble. I just got here, Ive got a studio set up and need some decent analogs to record. Oh yeah and also looking for musicians to record (especially a drummer!), and other producers/musicians to hook up with--- (musically im into talking heads, mouse on mars, basement jaxx, strokes, soft pink truth, le tigre, DFA, velvet undeground, aphex etc)

ERRR>>>my message seems to have disappeared. Any ways here it is again> looking for someone or a store that sells or KNOws somewhere to buy analog synthesisers in tokyo (70S TO late 80S). also looking for musicians to work with on a new recording (especially a drummer). im into talking heads< mouse on mars> the strokes>the cure (disintegration and pre) > the rapture> etc~~~~ if you guys and gals know anyone in tokyo (or know someone who knows someone or someone who knows som......) let me know

jo lamont

yoyo@ubinplaytime

http://www.ubinplaytime.com

hey jo.

years ago i went to a brilliant old synth shop above the takeshita dori exit of harajuku station, on about the 4th or 5th floor of the corner building above yoshinoya.

goodluck finding bandmates. talk to paul james from vanity and i am sure he could hook you up wtih someone.

xx

Do you have name/address/phone number?

We can put it on superfuture.

I could not believe it the first time I walked in there. Wall-to-wall analogue synthesizers that I only previously dreamt about. They also have crazy rack modular synths with so many components and patches everywhere so it looks like a mad scientific experiment gone wrong.

droool.

Hey chad,

My phone is 08034618976 and [email protected] Im in Meguro at the moment but will be moving on the 22nd and dont have the address yet. will let you know when im a bit more settled. Oh yeah i got in contact with Paul james, thanks for that he is a great contact to have over here! Vanity was great, James Murphy from DFA played, was a memorable night....

jo lamont

yoyo@ubinplaytime

nice one jo, were you perhaps hoping for a new boyfriend?~ ;> but please do post your new address when you have it so I can fly over and steal all those new synths you're buying!

Korg MS-10s are 29,000Y MS-20s 62,790Y (but it is reserved) SH101 50,000Y. Im looking for an MS-20,I am also looking for a nice poly synth, a jupiter 8 would be ideal. Are you in Tokyo?

Also for Chad the stores details are

Five g music technology

t: 03 37460861

f: 03 37460862

e:[email protected]

a:Le Ponte Bldg, 4F, 1-14-2 Jingumae, Shibuya-Ku, Tokyo 150-0001

jo lamont

yoyo@ubinplaytime

Great to know someone who's into all this.

I'm not in Tokyo but why dont you try getting it on Ebay? MS-20s arent that hard to find, they go for about $600 in mint condition.

I would advice you to get a JP-8, I love mine and it's by far the most beautiful and the easiest synth to make sounds with. Can't get enough of those strings and lush pads.

I have a JP-6 for sale if you're interested icon_smile_big.gif