philly food

C0C0

chinks is good. i like steve's a lot too..

http://www.yelp.com/biz/steves-prince-of-steaks-philadelphia

get both. they're like 2 mi apart anyway

im a big fan of alma de cuba--i LOVE the bread. i also like valanni and mercato

if you're on penn campus (not sure why you would be, but caps lock seems to think you will) tacos don memo--a foodtruck--is a MUSt

rouge has a nice brunch/burger. love the truffle fries..

disclaimer: i don't eat beef

beyond your typical jim's, pat's vs. geno's, and campo's recs, some claim that Steve's Prince of Steaks is the best cheesesteak

but a bit out of your way: 7200 Bustleton Ave, Philadelphia - (215) 338-0985

others say the real cheesesteak rivalry is between chubbys and dellasandros on henry ave in the roxborough section

best place for lunch if you are a drinker is monk's

for a unique south philly italian dinner, try franco & luigi's. singing waiters and a certain feel that words can't capture.

distrito is a nice mexican spot with a huuuuuge tequila selection

for lunch. i think the reading terminal market is a fun place to eat. You can have all sort of food. Plus, you can take a bunch of pictures. =)

^ great suggestion. i thought of this after i logged off. you can park for $3ish dollars in the garage across the street (on 12th) with ticket validation.

if you're into indian food, check out new delhi on 40th and chestnut st.

food is great and they also have a buffet option for pretty cheap ($9 for lunch, $12 for dinner)

^ not a fan of new dehli, myself. and OP has better indian food options in NYC anyway. my favorite indian place in the area is in KOP (jaipur). i hear there's a great one in Exton, PA but i haven't made it out there.

^^^

Damn, I gotta check out Jaipur, my favorite Indian in the area is closer to Wilmington, Maharajah in Newark (awesome Lunch buffet, I just seem to have really expensive mediocre experiences otherwise).

Near South Street I really like Horizons. Delicious vegan food (average prices for Philly). My cousin swears by El Vez in the gayborhood for Mexican-American, it is owned by Starr who have a lot of restaurants in Philly.

Does anyone have Noodle House recs?

Near South Street I really like Horizons. Delicious vegan food (average prices for Philly). My cousin swears by El Vez in the gayborhood for Mexican-American, it is owned by Starr who have a lot of restaurants in Philly.

huge fan of horizons here. been going for years, since they occupied a tiny storefront in a strip mall in willow grove.

el vez is good if not a bit loud. i just find i order the same thing all the time. the guacamole is unbeatable.

i was addicted to fuego for a while, burritos every friday, but i've not been there in a minute.

im pretty surprise you guys have been to new delhi at all--i thought it was just a penn campus thing

8 of my friends used to live at 51st and spruce, so we'd all get really stoned and head over the new delhi to raise some hell :)

or over to qdoba.. my (high) record is 3 chicken burritos with triple-meat in all three.

^ great suggestion. i thought of this after i logged off. you can park for $3ish dollars in the garage across the street (on 12th) with ticket validation.

^ not a fan of new dehli, myself. and OP has better indian food options in NYC anyway. my favorite indian place in the area is in KOP (jaipur). i hear there's a great one in Exton, PA but i haven't made it out there.

I took your recommendation from a while back and checked out Jaipur last year. We had the usual appetizers, and the chicken tikka masala which took a good 45 minutes to come out because "everything was made to order" (the owner came over and explained it to us). The food was good, a bit expensive from what I used to pay in jersey city indian square.

didn't know people liked chink's that much.

personally i feel the best cheesesteak is john's roast pork, in south philly off of columbus blvd. they open at like 6 and close at 230, go and get a steak egg and cheese for breakfast.

other spots:

diner- little pete's on 17th and locust, open all night

ice cream- franklin fountain on 2nd and market, really you should not miss it. crowded but everything is so so so so so good

chinese- shiao lian kung in chinatown on race, i think, is one of the dankest

pizza- lorenzo's on south is an old reliable

I took your recommendation from a while back and checked out Jaipur last year. We had the usual appetizers, and the chicken tikka masala which took a good 45 minutes to come out because "everything was made to order" (the owner came over and explained it to us). The food was good, a bit expensive from what I used to pay in jersey city indian square.

glad you liked it. dude is very hands-on, right? i give them my highest rating b/c they are the only people that actually make my food as hot as i want it. they call it "sign the waiver" hot and it lays me out. sends me out of samsara and straight to nirvana circa 92. their ground mustard leaf dish is out of this world.

i feel like i've checked out every possible indian joint in the area.

i used to go to this crazy "secret indian" place that was a "crown fried chicken" storefront----you had to ask the guys for the indian menu; they'd get so excited when you ordered indian, man, their expression alone was worth it. food wasn't bad, as i recall.

didn't know people liked chink's that much.

personally i feel the best cheesesteak is john's roast pork, in south philly off of columbus blvd. they open at like 6 and close at 230, go and get a steak egg and cheese for breakfast.

other spots:

diner- little pete's on 17th and locust, open all night

ice cream- franklin fountain on 2nd and market, really you should not miss it. crowded but everything is so so so so so good

chinese- shiao lian kung in chinatown on race, i think, is one of the dankest

pizza- lorenzo's on south is an old reliable

mmmmm ice cream...thanks for the help :) a lot of these places look promising gotta look em up