bro shall never kill bro

grampositive

Just returned from a trip to HK taking in a quick look at Macau.

Near the Largo do Senado I saw a shop selling (mainly) womens clothes.

The main design was that of a female "che guevara" face. The slogan was "bro shall never kill bro"

all very bape...

Is this just a female bathing ape label? Is this a portuguese label? Or are they exclusively macau?

any info appreciated.

I think I have to upload the pic onto the web before I can post it. It's just a picture of the shop logo. White writing saying "Bros" and the middle of the 'O' is a girly Che logo. Nice.

Whilst I saw some funky kids, I didn't notice a big 'cool' gap between Macau and HK. In fact the Macau kids I saw wouldn't have looked out of place shopping for sneakers in Mong Kok.

Quote:

my thing about hk that everything is fake. from there one can suppose any item can be real. only after giving it the microscope...

--- Original message by JUPAFETT on Nov 19, 2004 03:40 PM

you're making it sound like there's nothing real in HK.

Of course there's tons of fake there! HK is the headquarters of the triads what do you expect?

Anyway, for the best fakes I've heard South Korea produces the best fakes.

I hate everything and everyone.

it sounds awfully like this "brand/label" here in singapore called "brosbrothers". if you ask me, they're just jumping on the che bandwagon and taking a ride from an icon. also, their shop and its icon only appeared AFTER the che craze started.. talk about a way to kick-start a brand. took a look at their shit when they first opened.. honestly, there's nothing very refreshing about them. i can't even say if the shop is really entirely selling their own creations. shame on them.

as for the "___ shall not kill ___" line, it's been done to death!!! if i'm not wrong, bape started it, then a singapore label "fourskin" did a "parody" of it with a picture of alf(i'm not even sure if they paid copyright) in front and the words "alf shall not kill alf" behind it. i'm not sure if you can even call it a parody since i don't see any humour involved.. just alot of copying!

it's so embarressing that there are these people over in asia that are either openly pirating design or doing a shitload of copying while claiming that they are original!!!

• 1 month later...

i saw this BROS store in macau in centro. VERY bape influenced but nothing special. there's another BROS store in HK in tsim sha tsui too. i'm going to post a few pictures of some stores i discovered on my recent trip to asia later.

"and we can find new ways of living make playing only logical harm"