Marlboro Classics?

red120

Has anyone heard anything about this brand? Picked up a sweater from them today, but havn't been able to find any information about the people behind it; Google only turned up a lot of foreign sites, basically got the idea that it's a brand out of Spain. Not even sure whether it's associated with the Philip Morris' Marlboro.

They have quiet a few stores here in sweden. They have been around for atleast 20 years. Think someone bought the rights to tha name marlboro from Philip Morris and created a brand around it. They have that wild life/ hunter/ casual/ western look. Kinda like Philip Morris own Marlboro Man. Thats all i know. Not my kinda stuff at all.

/Sneaker*

Also in Norway, there was quite a few shops. i once asked a shop employee if they were associated with Philip Morris and she told that they were. apparently, Philip Morris execs thought a clothing line would be a good publicity tool and would make the brand look better. also, their publicity as well as the store interior design was very similar to what Philip Morris use in their publicit (the pictures of the model in the stores were straight out of a malboro commercial= look like the malboro man). that's only coming from a store employee so i don't know how legit it is. also i have to say that it wasn't really my style, i would have never thought about buying something from them.

Marlboro Classics is one of the most bizar brands I have come across. They have been around in Europe for some years now. Quality is definitely not amazing, but prices are rather high. The new collection is very strange, because they suddenly want to be trendy and mix funky colors with their Marlboro Cowboy style.... simply horrible...

www.highsnobiety.com

News on trends in fashion, urban culture, design, gadgets, art and travel.