Uniqlo F/W 09/10

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so it seems that this will become a regualr collection and not a limited-time collab. may be best to wait a few days for hype to die down.

it's not unheard of for regular collection stuff to get sold through pretty quickly with no restock. everybody and their sister who's into uniqlo is going to be there thursday. look at what happened with cdg/h&m.

the weird thing for me is that it's jil sander, not exactly a designer with mainstream rtw cachet. from a marketing perspective they did a great job of making people think they'll get jil sander quality stuff at uniqlo prices across the board.

totally different.

it's not unheard of for regular collection stuff to get sold through pretty quickly with no restock. everybody and their sister who's into uniqlo is going to be there thursday. look at what happened with cdg/h&m.

the weird thing for me is that it's jil sander, not exactly a designer with mainstream rtw cachet. from a marketing perspective they did a great job of making people think they'll get jil sander quality stuff at uniqlo prices across the board.

let me clarify - if hundreds of people show up thursday pushing and grabbing an armload of whatever they can get ahold (as with cdg/h&m), then the question of whether or not this is a limited vs regular collection series is a moot one. yes there may be restocks down the line, but this would be true whether it's a collaboration or not, no?

the fact that there are no phone orders and that uniqlo employees can't put pieces on hold would imply that this collection is somewhat limited and they want to satisfy in-store demand first.

i think it would be wise to withhold assumptions until hearing otherwise from a credible source such as ms yardbird.

apparently they will limit how many items someone can pick up.
that only means people will line up with whole families.

kunk, you have nothing to worry about. with your size you'll push through the crowd like they are a bunch of kids. i also think it will be mostly women, so the mens stuff should be easier to grab.

they have one coat on display behind the glass. it looks very nice.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/6197136/Jil-Sanders-new-range-for-Uniqlo.html

For Sander, and for Uniqlo, this is not a one-off novelty collection, designed to maximise press coverage and generate mass hysteria the morning the clothes go on sale. This is, they hope, an ongoing collaboration. The prototypes for spring/summer 2010 are ready to be fitted, and word is that while the autumn/winter collection is firmly monochrome, the new samples are imbued with a soft colour palette.

That doesn't mean it won't sell out on the first day. It just means she might continue designing other seasons.

We've seen regular stuff like windbreakers sell out quickly and never get restocked. I think this will be restocked just like Tim Hamilton was during the next day or two, but don't hold your breath that it will hang on the wall in full size run by the end of the month or even week.