byHewitt denim - Supernature

nightdeposit

Been a while since I posted anything on here, just thought I'd take the opportunity to start a thread for a line of denim that's coming out this fall that might be of interest to folks on here. My good friend who runs byHewitt, an eco-friendly clothing line that starts production soon, will be offering two different cuts of jeans, under the name of Supernature, made with denim manufactured in a place relatively unheard of outside of Japan. They use antique looms and the quality is top notch. He's really done tons of research and flown all over the place to find the right kind of manufacturing, and is very excited about this mill and their fabric. Samples should be done in a few weeks and the line will be available in Fall 2010. I'll have pics soon, and hopefully be able to get a pair to try on for fit and to start wearing!

Here's a description of the jean

Supernature F/W 2010-11

Slim and Straight Fit Jeans made with 100% Organic Tanzanian Cotton & 100% Natural Japanese Indigo 13oz

Selvedge Denim. They will be chain stitched throughout. They will have 100% Organic Cotton Double Ring Spun

Twill pockets, button fly and Eco Leather waistband patch.

There are going to be a lot of other pieces in this line, poplin shirts, canvas hunting jackets, flannel shirts, waistcoats, cadet trousers, even hats. The line is inspired by timeless vintage garments, and the fabric and construction done to specifications made by someone who has spent 20 years collecting and dealing in vintage clothing and appreciates the finer points in how things are made, and get to become collectible classics. 2 1/2 years of research went into finding the right suppliers and manufacturers, and I think the collection is going to be incredible. Everything is made from organic and sustainable fabrics utilysing natural dyes wherever possible. I'll be glad to give out any info when it's available and hopefully have some more updates soon!

• 1 month later...