Earnest Sewn Filson Patriot Raw Jeans, $99.99

codeloss

Maybe a better term would be "unwashed." The whiskering is a dry process done usually with hand sanding (via a sand paper like block) that requires no water.

I am looking to order these and have never had ES before. I'm usually a 31 - 32 waist. Being this is unwashed, any idea what size I should get?

Some more thoughts. I searched the forum and if I may post this quote by jdavis:

posted: Sep 17, 2005 12:45 PM

"the filson xx is dry and unwashed, while the filson 50 is washed once and left to line-dry. it also has a very light resin prep. but both are preshrunk and have comparable indigo dips.

if you buy the filson 50, make sure its a second generation model - full belt-loop selvege. all the first generation filson 50s cost the same but only have the rear belt loop sewn with selvedge.

both great pants. hope that helps sole "

i tried these on a while back at villains vault in SF

i also usually wear a 31-32 in the waist

i tried a 31 and it was way too tight (and i do enjoy a very snug fit commonly)

so if these are in fact unwashed i can't imagine them fitting well post wash if you were to get anything smaller than a 32

You've got nothing but hatred!

Thanks for the advice. But if I factor in stretching, it may work? But your "way too tight" comment worries me. Think I'll hold off on ordering...I like to try my jeans before I buy. Still debating..

Good thing is they have a store in NYC since I prefer returns in person (not confirmed you can do that).

I ordered a pair from the link and these came in. They are in fact FULTONs (53s), not Filsons. Strange. Fultons are the OS'ed (overselvaged) current line, half selv on the outseam, selvage coin, selvage rear belt loop, fake whiteseam on the waist, hidden rivets and crotch rivet. Also these are longer than my Filson Maz 3Ds, I think 34 inseam

Edited by Tarmac on Feb 14, 2006 at 11:00 PM

i found a pair of "filson" patriot raw at the barneys sale, 32x32. when i got home the inseam was 36".

decided i'd sell those and ordered these "fultons" in 32x32. i got them today and the inseam is 36".

normally i wouldn't mind hemming, i do it myself, but because of the "slight whiskering" behind the

knee i can't really. what gives?

oh and, i've got a filson AND a fulton for sale now. :)

• 2 months later...