Favourite denimbrand...

trueglude

Let the board know your favourite denimbrand, and motivate why it's so good! tell us about denim, the cuts, etc. everything you can think of!

I´ll begin with my favourite brands:

- Evisu (Except the "new" EU editions)

Love the design on the old evis and Evisu's, the backpocket is just simply beautiful when painted..

- Levis

The original, and the 201's are just perfect.

- Ijin

People seem to have something against this brand, but if you measure by quality and feel, the ones i´ve got are by far superior to my other jeans. Design, quality, everything melts in to wonderful jeans.

Now it's your turn!

I'll go with Julian Red, mostly since that's what I'm working on right now. The cut on the California is basically a Helmut Lang cut which is awesome. Slightly tapered, but not so bad that I'm going to feel like an idiot looking at pictures of myself in 15 years. The denim is nice and heavy, and they're wearing pretty well so far (about a month into them). Not to mention the red and black leather patch on the back is pretty badass. Also, bleeding has been pretty minimal with them, though there is some blue scuffing on my white sneakers, but not so much that you'd notice it unless you were looking for it.

imperial

i love my black dukes so much i'm getting a raw indigo pair as soon as production finishes. the fit is fantastic, narrow in the thigh, 19cm opening, nicest fitting jeans i've ever owned or tried on.

teisco.gif

Edited by haptronic on Jan 30, 2006 at 07:13 PM

Guest Berget__

True, I also live in sweden but i still wear my nudies. You just gotta remember why they got big in sweden to begin with, the cuts are great and they break in really nice. Other Favourites has to be Evisu, I am hopefully getting a pair of No1 special denim this week =D Ijin is also really nice...but my selvage pair bleeds like crazy.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

Guest Berget__

I got the 5202, the slimmer selvage model. So true about Evisu, I really hate the newer jeans. But i still really love the japanese models and the No1 denim.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

i will always have a soft spot for (mostly) vintage levis. the arcuate on the back pocket is my favorite thing ever and (most) of the denim lasts forever. but finding a pair that fits good isnt always easy or cheap. and most of the new cuts and washes suck. if lvc would make deadstock versions of every piece id be happy but i wont spend $200+ on non-vintage jeans that are already halfway there. would you take sandpaper to a pristine pair of 1940's 501's or just wear them?

julian red. i ve been wearing my nikki sixx since i got them a month ago and i love them. they fit awesome, very snug and slim but very comfortable in the crotch. the button fly and white patch look badass and the color of the denim might be my favorite ever. pictures definately don't do these justice. im currently saving my pennies for another pair. either raw californias or a pair of unwashed hobokens. im also dying to try some of the other swedish brands like stray boys, nudie, and acne.

i also have a soft spot for diesel rabox. the fit suits my body perfectly. i have some with darker subtle washes that i wore for years (art80m was my fave) and i never had a problem with quality. unfortuantely most diesel washes are too gimicky for my taste and rabox is no more. and i would never (and have never) pay full retail for diesel.

style wise im also a big fan of 5ep, apc, earnest sewn (wobbly orange and gulf blue stitching rules!) and some of the japanese brands like samurai and imperial. i have little to no experience with these but like what ive seen. i have always preferred raw and slim denim so there is alot out there i like right now.

in general i like darker heavier denim, slim to tight fitting with a button fly, and some pocket embellishment (ala levis or nudie). my favorite part of wearing denim is how it yields to your shape over time and i prefer to put my own wear and tear into them.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 31, 2006 at 05:08 PM

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 31, 2006 at 05:14 PM

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 31, 2006 at 05:16 PM