Seattle Trip advise needed

SoloC

I am going to have a family trip to Seattle soon. Are there any place sell good looking jacket and jeans? I may or may not buy it but at least I want to try some out for fun hehe. Man...Milpitas is such a dead place........ Also any good place to eat and interesting to visit?

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Butch Blum has some nice stuff, Ann Demeulemeester and Jil Sander, maybe some Yohji too, can't recall. The jeans they stock are alright iirc. Unfortunately for me, they don't actively stock much in the way of small sizes ;_;

Barney's New York has a nice range of Acne jeans as well as a few pieces of Costume National and Dior Homme.

Try Belltown for a lot of independently owned boutiques, which also has great nightlife. Go to the first Nordstrom. The Nordstrom in Seattle should have a better selection of Men's clothing compared to their other stores across the country. The very first Starbucks is in Pike Place Market. Also nearby Pike Place Market is a store called Zebra Club that carries Diesels, Fornarina, Triple Five Soul, and etc.

For food:

Dahlia Lounge- The Tuscan Bread Salad is to die for and their Portobello sandwich is great.

Wasabi Bistro- go there for some inventive sushi. It's a very happening place and a great place to go on a date.

Sea Garden (China Town)- This is some great authentic Chinese food. My family used to go there every weekend.

El Gaucho- STEAK. Haven't been there myself, but my best friend raves about this place and she's a major foodie

BEST FAST FOOD FISH"N CHIPS- IVARS!!! It is an institution in Seattle. There is one located on the Pier. Try the white clam chowder.

Piroshky Piroshky- Polish Bakery. Wonderful to eat while you are strolling Pike Place Market. Don't remember the name but get the spiral bun with cheese and green onions.

Kulman's, Blackbird, Ian, zebra club are the best "hipsterish"/minalist fashion stores...in that order. The dowtown Ian is better than the capitol hill one. A lot of people like goods, but it is more of a sneaker/thugish shop. If you are looking for high fashion clothes or just nice cuts and have the cash check out butch blum and barney's. Also, there is a store around 2nd and cherry, maybe third, that has some good stuff that is name brand last year for alkmost 75% off. Umma, what else, there is a good consignment shop in madison park, nice euro brands. depends on what you are looking for. But those are the places for clothes.

"For shame, for shame..."

goods is good if u like nike sb's, they are also a big quickstrike account similr to huf and the big ones. if u like mhi, evisu, stussy, prps, ect they have those brands. again nothing really in the smalle sizes. but its a good place t check out. and up the street which is pike about10 blockes up is 35th north. it a skate shop with vans, and nike sb;s ect. skateing sshoes. hope u have fun, and enjoy the rain.

20% off karamloop with this code!! http://www.karmaloop.com/index.asp?rcode=RS6046

use rep code RS6046

Goods is "thuggish" whaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?? Are you intimidated? ha

GOODS is all good, also a lot of good used record shops up on Pike/Broadway. But for the more "metro" dude look go down to belltown and that area. It's not "thuggish" enough down there.

Some good neighborhoods to check are:

Freemont

Broadway/Capitol Hill

Ballard

U-District (the Ave)

Belltown

Eats: Tia Toms - the Ave

Jai Tai - Freemont, Belltown, Broadway

B&O Bistro for desert - up near Broadway

La Campagne in Pikes Place - expensive/good French cuisine

Wil Ginger near Benaroya Hall - quasi-asian cuisine

Museums:

As the SAM just recently closed for renovations what you have left is

Experience Music Project - cool but slightly overpriced

Henry Art Gallery on UW campus - small but very nice gallery of rotating shows

Asian Art Museum down near the seattle center

fuckin' right i'm a doctor

• 3 weeks later...

Thx a lot guys! I had a great trip there. I did visit Goods, Zebra Club (in Vancouver thou), and Khulman's. Not much time for last minute shopping....Didn't get anything either. I saw a stuzzy jacket pretty good in Goods but they don't have a size small...depress...... The stuff in Khulman is cool but I don't have what it takes to wear them....small asian body.....

One place I really want to mention is that a restaurant called "Palisade"!!!!!!! If u want to spend 30+ on a dish with no regard go there ! Will defenitely worth it! Also a Malaysian place call "Malay Satay Hut" And a chinese restaurant "Top Gun" in Richmont, Canada!

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Edited by SoloC on Feb 21, 2006 at 01:02 AM