Levi's Premium Rigid Question

WhoGotMeIntoThis

Levi's Premium Rigid...

I just picked up a pair of Levi's Premium Austin's on eBay for roughly 40 bucks. I've wanted a pair of offenders for awhile and settled for these because of price.

Anyways, has anybody had any experience with Levi's Premium Rigid?

I wondered if they were anything like STF's or whether or not "Rigid" meant anything like "Dry"

Thanks.

i think its the same thing, raw/rigid as far as levis is concerned...i didnt know they made rigid austins, i know they had rigid skinners which were pretty decent. i personally find the cut too low rise and too boot cut imo. I had to go up a size in the skinners one wash because they hang so far down on the hips. they shrunk for me about .5 inch. but that was in the dryer.

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

are they the ones with the small leather patch? i sold mine a while ago, really nice quality, back when premium was really premium and you could not buy that crap everywhere....

they used to make a rigid 527 which is similar to the skinner which imo is better, i have one pair....

tons of stuff for sale now on ebay: corpus, Rag & Bone, Helmut Lang, levi's premium, Gap, vintage etc.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtriggerkid

^ Definitely good to know. They're older Premium denim which is what I like. They aren't Current. Some guy just had em' sitting around for awhile, never worn because they were too small and he didn't know what to do with em'.

I think they're a 28 x 30 which should fit me perfect. I'm excited as HELL to get them.

i have a pair of dry or rigid austins that ive had for a while. they shrank a little bit in the wash but i hung them to dry and it wasnt very noticible. they havent been made for a while. they fit much like a levis 646 or older 517 with a lower rise but definately not as slim or low rise as skinners. i was told they were based on some vintage 517s. the back pockets have an awesome shape and placement but the one thing that i didnt like was the lighter weight of the denim. im guessing they are around 11oz or less.

Edited by cultpop 0217 on Jan 27, 2006 at 07:17 PM

i got a couple pairs of levis premium austin in 2 different washes for free... heh... my grandmother used to own a garment factory in macau and she has knows other owners and i got to pick from like 15 different pairs of levis premium denim a few yrs ago. too bad jeans were heavy so i took 2 pairs back to boston... i think i still have a few pairs at my grandmothers in macau... lol