Gold Coast, Australia

nictan

Ive searched the forum, and i pretty much couldnt find any info substantial about Gold coast, so hopefully, there isnt a thread in fact. :eek:

Anyways, will be going over there next week, for 8 days. Ive been there twice, but that was almost 10 years ago, should've changed pretty much since then. I'll be staying at Paradise Resort, its at Surfer's Paradise.

Till now, i pretty much know abt the theme parks and stuff. The only shopping i know of there, is Harbour Town and Pacific Fair.

What i would like to know, and need to know, is:

1) any more shopping to do other than the two mentioned above? Like decent stuff to buy. I know the only stuff they have there are probably ripcurl and stuff, but who knows.

2) GOOD FOOD. Especially around my hotel area, please do recommend me dining places that are goooooood.

3) any other stuff, youve done or seen or tried or experienced there that you would like to recommend.

Just some info, i'll be going movieworld, seaworld, sunshine coast for a day and currumbin wildlife sanctuary

Thanks to all contributions in advance. :)

Yeah its pretty bad. I was there last October. Was bored as hell. Nothing to do besides the beach, the clubs suck, the tourists/locals are boring. Other than some duty free shopping and Snow Ice, there ain't much to do.